What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub Set at 101... temp is 104?  (Read 2986 times)

Brookenstein

Tub Set at 101... temp is 104?
« on: December 03, 2005, 08:28:30 pm »
Well... the tub was feeling warmer than 101, so I got a thermometer and it is 104.  With the cover propped open and setting the temp to 95 I've now got it to 103. But, we've been steady at 103 for a couple of hours. I've been jack hammering all day and really want a soak, but I am practically burning my hand just putting it in the water.  Any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

Tub Set at 101... temp is 104?
« on: December 03, 2005, 08:28:30 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Tub Set at 101... temp is 104?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 08:55:04 pm »
but I am practically burning my hand just putting it in the water.  Any ideas?

You're thermometer is broken and the water is closer to 120 degrees.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 09:04:45 pm »

You're thermometer is broken and the water is closer to 120 degrees.

Or maybe I'm just a wuss.  ;D

I've powered off the tub... I'm going to cool it down that way and see what happens when I turn it back on.

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 09:38:54 pm »
If you have the pump motors running,possibly the heat from the motors is heating your tub.  It does that on mine.

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 09:49:08 pm »
After powering it off for a bit, then turning it back on it was 98.  I reset the thermostat to 101.  It is at 101 and holding steady.  Yeah!!!

:)

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 09:57:56 pm »
Brook,
I know you live in a warm climate, which can cause spa temperatures to rise a bit, especially models  eqipped with a 24 hour circ pump. But, your spa does not have a cicr pump  and I don't think you are experiencing hot weather conditions right now in Florida.You did the right thing by turning off the breaker and restarting the spa. Just like rebooting up a computer, turning a spa off and then back on will sometimes erase errrors. Not always though. If you continue to experience water temperatures warmer than the setting, call your dealer for service, as you may have a defective electronic temp sensor. It is a small part and a quick fix for the dealer. Remember sometimes, plastic thermometers are not always acurate, consider trying another one first. Goodluck Dave.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 12:39:52 am »
Brook,

You've been jack hammering all day?  I can't get my wife to pull a weed in the backyard without complaining.  What are you working on now?

been steady at 103 for a couple of hours. I've been jack hammering all day and really want a soak, but I am practically burning my hand just putting it in the water.  Any ideas?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 10:51:01 am »
Still putting up the vinyl fence.  We are using the jack hammer to bust up concrete in the way as well help us dig holes in this nasty rock filled clay.  Hopefully the fence will be done today.   :)

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 11:40:33 am »
  Brooke, you do have a circ pump, and that does create some heat, but not to the temps you are quoting, you can put the spa into summer mode which will turn the circ pump and heater off for eight hours each day when you are experiecing hot weather conditions. To activate the summer mode, turn the heat down to 80 and on the control panel, hold down for 3 seconds the temp + and temp- buttons. This will shut down the heater and 5 minutes later the circ pump will shut down for 8 hours before automatically restarting at the same time every 24 hours. To de-activate the summer mode just hold the same buttons down for another 3 seconds. a summer mode icon will display on the control panel to verify the summer mode operation.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 11:40:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42