What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: getting cold  (Read 2847 times)

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
getting cold
« on: December 01, 2005, 10:14:56 pm »
hey its getting really cold here. will these continue to maintain temp even when it gets way below zero? also what happens if it is say 40 below and the heater breaks?

Hot Tub Forum

getting cold
« on: December 01, 2005, 10:14:56 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: getting cold
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 12:53:55 am »
If it's really, really cold, like below zero, your spa may loose a degree or two while you use it.  Depends on the spa.  

Check your owners manual to see if there are any special instructions for sub zero temperatures- mine has some special instructions for when it hits -30F, If I recall.

If it's -40 and your heater quits, act quickly to prevent water freezing if at all possible, and hope you get the problem fixed before plumbing freeze sets in.
Your owners manual may also expain what to do here, or ask your dealer what they'd recommend for your spa.

Do you have 2 sets of steps on that spa?  I'm seeing your top step full of snow, but no footprints.  Or did you dive over the side or something?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 12:55:22 am by Brewman »
Brewman

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 03:11:37 am »

Do you have 2 sets of steps on that spa?  I'm seeing your top step full of snow, but no footprints.  Or did you dive over the side or something?

I was thinking the same thing.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 04:45:51 am »
If it's below 0 and your spa quits you have to get it fixed ASAP if it's not going to happen that day then you will have to figure out how to keep the equipment from freezing. There's several ways to do this including a light buld, small heater, forced air system. But which ever way, if no water is being moved or heated it will have to be drained. And your drain will have to be done so as to evacuate all water from the system including the pump. Make sure you talk to your dealer or local service guy regarding this if it is a concern.
Retired

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 11:00:30 am »
ard to believe but we had been in maybee an hour and it snowed that much.

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 11:22:54 am »
hey thats a great idea about a heater, seems like it would be wisw to put one down there and have it all wired up for when the heater does break, seems like it would break in the winter.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 05:21:46 pm »
ard to believe but we had been in maybee an hour and it snowed that much.

Cool!  I bet it was pretty fun, sitting out in the snow like that.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 05:21:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42