What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: floor mats outside?  (Read 2691 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
floor mats outside?
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:49:07 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has tried the exersize floor mats (they look like huge  puzzle pieces)as a slip free surface outside of a tub?  My tub will be (someday) on a new deck. I know even my existing deck tends to get slippery when covered with dew (ice will be another issue).  We covered our pool deck with indoor outdoor carpet but I think that kind of surface would be even worse if it froze.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

floor mats outside?
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:49:07 pm »

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
Re: floor mats outside?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 01:11:04 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has tried the exersize floor mats (they look like huge  puzzle pieces)

as someone said on tv the other night, "mediocre minds think alike"  ;D

I was looking at these at the store a couple days ago.....my deck is interlock stone, with sand tamped into the seams, and I don't want sand tracked in, so I thought of this as well......interested to see if anyone responds in the affirmative.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 03:47:22 pm »
If they are about 2ft square and 1/2 inch thick, I have them on the concrete floor of my woodshop.  They work well and are pretty rugged.

The draw back is that they hold water underneath.  Inside on a concrete floor this is not a good thing.  But on a deck or stone floor, they may be okay.

I would be concerned about bacteria growing in the pores of the pad.  I have shoes on in my shop but barefoot around the tub might be a problem.

Watch out for that chubby green guy under your toe nail.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:44:07 pm »
You might want to check the website anti-slip.com. They offer mats and floor coverings that might work for you. I have not personally seen these products in action, however, one of my customers swears by them. They do seem to be well made and easy to clean.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 05:38:38 pm »
I knew that they had two packs left at Big Lots so I ran out and got them this afternoon.  The ones I got are for workshop floors. I am not really worried about bacteria since the surface will be exposed to the elements and most skin organisms won't survive in freezing temperatures. I am sure you could always just rinse with bleach solution if it became a concern. I don't know how effective they would be at keeping sand from getting on your feet, but I will let you know how they work on my deck.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 05:38:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42