What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It's on the truck!  (Read 3957 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
It's on the truck!
« on: November 16, 2005, 03:17:15 pm »
Got good news today!  My Epic is on the truck and headed east!  My dealer says that it could take up to a week to get here but I'm still excited!  I promised the poor electrician that I would have my basement storage area cleaned so he would have a straight shot for the electric...or at least be able to walk through..I think I may need a bulldozer! ;D  :D 8) ::)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

It's on the truck!
« on: November 16, 2005, 03:17:15 pm »

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
Re: It's on the truck!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:24:11 pm »
is there a way to track it? I know I would be checking on it hourly.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 03:28:20 pm »
Got good news today!  My Epic is on the truck and headed east!  My dealer says that it could take up to a week to get here but I'm still excited!  I promised the poor electrician that I would have my basement storage area cleaned so he would have a straight shot for the electric...or at least be able to walk through..I think I may need a bulldozer! ;D  :D 8) ::)

Congrats. :)  

Yup, get the basement cleared out.  A happy electrician makes less mistakes, takes less time. A happy electirican is a happy spa owner.

Course,  When my electrician got done, it looked like he used a bulldozer to run the lines. Talk about a mess.  LEt's just say, I wouldn't recommend my electrician for "Delicate installations"  ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:30:18 pm »
I don't think so, that only works for Fed Ex and UPS!
She said don't get too excited yet because the truck has other stops to make and the weather could even be a factor....too bad I'm still excited.....

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 04:39:09 pm »
Congrats!!  I know you are excited..even in route is better than sitting in the warehouse!  We still do not have our soundsations hooked up.  I called our dealer and he is going to have a tech call my husband to do it over the phone.  Only problem is we still don't have the dolphin remote.  Somehow he keeps forgetting that minor element.  Guess I'm going to have to stay on him or go get it myself.  Think he's been busy selling spas.
2005 Marquis Epic

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 05:00:03 pm »
is there a way to track it? I know I would be checking on it hourly.

Gives me an idea for a commercial.  Hopefully you have seen the original one for IBM.

Picture a truck heavily loaded down with spas. It comes over a hill and there is a lady in a desk in the middle of the road.  The Clampett style truck skids to a halt and the person at the desk tells the driver.  (Balding middle aged dufus looking type, that he is lost)  After sometime he asks how the Help desk knew they were lost. The RFID tags in the spas!   He, lets just call him Jimmy R Tuna, says, "Maybe we should let the spas drive."

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 05:00:31 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 05:18:45 pm »
Ha ha, yep that would be a funny commercial. I just hope Jed Clampett isn't driving my spa truck!  :-/
I have to tell you..my husband called me on his way home from work a couple of months ago and said "I am following this truck full of spas and on the side it says JUST WHAT YOU NEED!"
That is what sent me to Marquis in the beginning, that statement on the side of the truck! It really is just what he needs..I made him move our wood stove this weekend and he hasn't been the same since!

jdheffer

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 08:16:56 pm »
My Epic is on the truck and headed east!  My dealer says that it could take up to a week to get here but I'm still excited!

Congratulations!  I wish I could say that.  I ordered my Epic 2 1/2 weeks ago and I just found out today that it still hasn't been built.  

I'm not really happy about this since my dealer told me it would be here in two weeks.  I don't understand why people give unrealistic timeframes like this.  If I know something might take 3 weeks I say it will be 4 weeks so my customer is happy if it only takes 3.  I understand that orders can get backed up, but don't give unrealistic expectations to a brand new customer.  I also return my customer's calls right away instead of making them wait days to hear back from me.  

Am I asking for too much from a dealer that I just spent $10,000 with?  Sorry for the negative post, but I am a bit frustrated!!

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 08:28:47 pm »
JD...I understand your frustration.  We get so excited about the prospect of getting our spas.  I don't think it was intentional on your dealer's part.  You know stuff just happens.  I know my dealer just had a sale on spas and he's really been selling Marquis'...maybe that's happening all over??

Anyway, hang in there...it seemed like forever when we were waiting and now it's a distant memory.
2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 08:37:24 pm »
Know what JD?, I ordered my spa on November 1st. I knew that it would take a while since the dealer said they try to ship  several units to an area at a time. I just hoped that she would sell more tubs so I could get mine. She said I could expect delivery around the beginning of December but that they shut down the production plant in November and that may slow things down.  She didn't give me unrealistic  promises, just told me what factors were involved. So the call today was a surprise. I don't think they really know until they get the call that the tub has shipped. I kind of doubt that the dealer knows that the tub hasn't even been built yet..maybe the Marquis dealers on here could tell you better. And maybe they can tell you how to get things moving or at least how to get your dealer to be more considerate of you.  Do you have a promised delivery date on your contract?

jdheffer

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 12:24:49 am »
I kind of doubt that the dealer knows that the tub hasn't even been built yet..maybe the Marquis dealers on here could tell you better. Do you have a promised delivery date on your contract?

I've been bugging them, so they said they called Marquis today and they were told it hasn't been built yet.  I was not given a promised delivery date.  They said they sell a large volume so it would only be two weeks.  I don't have a contract, just a receipt; I had to negotiate the final sale over the phone so that is all the paper work I received.  I don't even want to get into how and why this occurred.  Let's just say the dealer hasn't impressed me after the sale so far.

Let's hope delivery and support after the install improves.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 07:20:37 am »
Maybe the delay has to do with the shut down.  I know my dealer reserved my tub before the shutdown because she said that the color that my husband wanted is being discontinued.  Did you know they just offered a pretty good financing deal? No interest, no pay until Labor Day. Hopefully they will get your tub done this week and it will be on it's way to you soon.
Keep us updated, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 09:18:16 am »
lets hope it gets here safe.  My tub was delivered on train and about half way here the train derailed.  It delayed me about  a week.

Hope it all works out, this is the hard part, once it has been ordered, you are just waiting. It is like waiting for you day at work to end and just looking at each second tick away.   tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 10:40:12 am »
Oh Boy, that would be my luck the truck would fall off a bridge somewhere!   I just got done fixing the things that I didn't like on the deck. thank goodness my girlfriend's husband is a landscaper, he helped me.  :oI'll just keep my fingers crossed, I don't want the tub until after turkey day anyway and I still have the basement....ever see HGTV mission organization? There isn't an organizer in the world that could straighten out my basement!

drprwnap

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 11:33:52 am »
Hey Bonibelle,
I'll give you a run for your money on a messy basement.
Mine looks like a tornado went through it. Can't seem to find the time to get down there especially since I got my Epic!  :)

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 11:33:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42