What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber or Jacuzzi  (Read 6620 times)

Pathfinder

Beachcomber or Jacuzzi
« on: November 10, 2005, 04:55:59 pm »
I havent posted since sept  but been reading alot
ive narrowed my search down to a Beachcomber 750E
& Jacuzzi 385  My problem is that I cant decide which I like better  Is 13,500 taxes in canadian for the beachcomber too much  or 13900 for the jacuzzi both have a stereo.  Is one more preferable then the other
I want to purchase with in the next couple of weeks

Any opinions  would help me out a lot    Thanks a bunch

up here in N W ontario Canada

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber or Jacuzzi
« on: November 10, 2005, 04:55:59 pm »

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
Re: Beachcomber or Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 04:57:31 pm »
Have you sat in or wet tested either of them?

Pathfinder

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 05:19:49 pm »
Yes I ve wet tested both  this is my problem

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 05:49:37 pm »
I am not sure about the price in Canadian dollars but I was quoted $9,500 for the 750 in US dollars.  This included everything but the stereo.  I ended up buying the 580 after testing the 580 and the 750.  I would have like to test the 730 but the dealer did not have it on the floor.  I have had my 580 for about 3 months and would highly recommended it.  The tub is looks great, is quiet, has plenty of power and I have not noticed a change in my electric bill.  One thing I don’t like: the diverter valves for the jets seem to be either high or low no in-between

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 06:24:41 pm »
Have you considered not getting the stereo? How much will it affect the price?

Hot tub stereos do not provide the same warranty as the rest of the tub. Beachcomber is 2 years (and is excluded from the extended warranty). This option lists as a $2000-2500 option depending on whether or not it is the TRU BASS edition. Go to the local stero shop and tell them you have $2000 to spend on an outdoor stereo. It will blow away any hot tub stereo!
Homeworks Financing Representative

Pathfinder

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 07:18:38 pm »
I have considered it but im not too worried about the price
the 750e also has the perimeter lighting   the difference in price is about 1500 Im one of those people who like gagets
To get the 385 with out the stereo for some reason will take longer  

For you MARKS the conversion would be 9500 x 1.25=11,875
which is about the same as i got qouted for the 750

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 07:35:58 pm »
for comparison:  I looked at the J385 and loved it, looked at the Sundance Maxxus and loved it more.  Mine has a stereo with subwoofer, it was part of the package(the Jacuzzi I looked at didn't have the sub and didn't sound near as good)  The price I ended up with was $13700 Cdn incl stereo, cd ozone, and installation with a crane.  The jacuzzi was coming in at $12500 with about 20 minutes of discussion; I'm sure it would have come down a bit more if I stayed with it.  Hope this helps (BTW  I'm in western Canada)

Good luck!

Steve

Pathfinder

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 07:53:37 pm »
thanks steve    I may have considered sundance  but when I was looking at the local dealer the demo tub water was quite cloudy  and the tub felt kinda slimy  so it was a turn off  

Pathfinder

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 08:22:36 pm »
might be silly to ask since its this late in the year..
should i just wait a bit longer to see if I can get an 06 tub since the sales guy for BC said theres a new step design for the protec system   and I was told by my friend that knows a jacuzzi dealer in Manitoba that a J400 tub is supposed to out for 06     Is there any truth to any of this   Anybody ???

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 09:52:14 pm »
Good point on the Protech step.  I purchased the small side step with my tub.  The Protech step is a little high without the small side step.  It was $150 US.  I also got the Turbo option ($300), not needed but it is fun to play with.

By the way, the reason I did not get the 750 is that sitting in the seat next to the lounge (when not using the lounge) the jet hit me in an uncomfortable position.  Being American, I have to admit that the Beachcomber tubs are a beautiful peace of Canadian workmanship.

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 08:18:38 am »
You're right about the new Protec step design.  Essentially, the two corners are cut off at 45 degrees, creating a "half step" on both sides to allow you to step up to the main platform.  You can see a picture of it if you do a search on this site.  I can't remember who it was, but someone posted a picture of the entire Beachcomber staff after they shaved their heads for charity (I think it was for Katrina relief or something).  In the picture, they're all standing behind this new step.

BTW, I've had my 730 for almost three months now, and it has performed flawlessly.

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 08:26:56 am »
Found it..... :)

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 09:31:00 am »
I have owned my 750 since June of this year and think it is perfect, I do not have the stereo or the garden lights, the price quoted seems right.  PM me if you would like to ask any specific questions, the new step is cool I saw it at the dealership a couple of weeks ago on a 2006 model they had on display.  There are some new colours in 2006 as well, ask your dealer.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Pathfinder

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 09:55:43 am »
Thanks for the info and the pic guys Im gonna see the BC dealer today and see what kind of info i can get

Pathfinder

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 11:45:37 am »
Does anybody have any info on the jacuzzi tubs or the possible 400 thats coming out

is it possible that it could look like the top sundance spa
considering i was told jacuzzi bought sundance?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 11:45:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42