What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Fragrances  (Read 8232 times)

Alex1

• Marquis Epic
Spa Fragrances
« on: October 21, 2005, 09:57:03 pm »
Ok, now my wife wants me to ask about the spa fragrances.  Any suggestions or recomendations on which ones smell the best and what to stay away from? Does this cause any problems down the road with chems? I know the directions say they don't. Also, liquid or crystals? thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Fragrances
« on: October 21, 2005, 09:57:03 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Spa Fragrances
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 09:14:55 am »
Ok, now my wife wants me to ask about the spa fragrances.  Any suggestions or recomendations on which ones smell the best

This is very subjective....I am partial to inSPAration's Cocnut Mango.....reminds me of pina colodas in the Carribean.
and what to stay away from?
Cant think of anything.
Does this cause any problems down the road with chems? I know the directions say they don't.

Others may disagree, but I do find they may cause foaming IF the water is inbalanced.
Also, liquid or crystals? thanks.

I like the liquids better. The aroma seems to last longer and they do not contribute to TDS as much as crystals. The crystals do offer other properties besides aroma.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Ronnie526

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 08:01:36 am »
My SD tub has a "dispenser" which supposedly works off the air pump so that aroma is IN the air bubbles as opposed to in the water?  Bought 2 "pellet packs" @ Dealer & I can hardly smell them @ all.  Also bought some liquid, but not 2 sure of "dosage".  Bottles says "add 2 oz".  Doesn't seem like 2 oz would be right dosage for both a 200 & 500 gallon tub?  You'd think they'd give you something like an ounce dosage per 100 gallons of water? .... Just my $.02 worth. Any way .... it hasn't seemed to affect my water quality, except, as mentioned above, maybe a little foam?  Easily taken care of.

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 08:46:38 am »
I picked up some small dollar samples at the register while buying chemicals with visions of romantic nights, sensual fragrances permeating the starry night and the only sounds besides bubbles would be my request for my wife to pass the courvosier, but found the fragrance minimal at best, no real foaming, and my wife too busy feeding and changing the baby to join me.  It wound up being a cloudy night with me drinking Bud Light cans listening to Skynyrd with my dog hanging out waiting for me to finish.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 10:27:42 am »
My SD tub has a "dispenser" which supposedly works off the air pump so that aroma is IN the air bubbles as opposed to in the water?  Bought 2 "pellet packs" @ Dealer & I can hardly smell them @ all.  .

Several manufacturers use this system including mine, and I find them all to be equally worthless.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 07:46:12 pm »
I have used the InSPAration scents before but have recently been made aware of  Leisure Time's ESSCENTS.  There is one called refresh that smells like spearmint gum and the other one I like is Pina Colada.  I ordered them from Shepnell Pool and Spa Company online.  Great prices and they offer free shipping.  They have great prices on filters too.  I love finding bargains from my office chair.   Isn't the internet wonderful???
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 07:52:49 am »
I second the inSPAration's Coconut Mango

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 07:57:03 am »
I don't like the beads in a cage either.  Scent is barely detectable, even to Mrs. Brewman, who can outsniff bloodhounds.
I've tried the Spazazz crystals, and find them better.
At least I can somewhat smell them.  
Brewman

nicker

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 08:27:13 am »
We use the granular made by Spazazz.  THey have a web site http://www.spazazz.com

I find they are the best.  Depending on what scent you get I find depends on how strong they smell and how long they last.  I have heard the liquids are not as good and so far I have been using them for over a year and find it doesn't effect my water at all.  I get three to four months our of my water easily and then change.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 08:53:12 am »
Sounds like you are better off lighting a scented candle, or scented tiki tourches.   :P
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 09:14:22 am »
Hey Nicker-  

How much crystals do you use, and what is the gallon size of your spa?  

Thanks

Brewman

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 10:58:20 am »
My only suggestion would be to use thenm in moderation.  Too much of a good thing can be bad.  ( cloudy water etc..)  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 11:17:24 am by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Alex1

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 07:02:26 pm »
Thanks for all the input. I picked up a variety pack of InSPAration scents in the one shot little pouch sampler. The coconut sounds like good one.

nicker

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 08:18:38 am »
Brewman.  My tub is 275 gal.  I generally use a small handfull or 3 or 4 shakes of the contaner.  The top of it is somewhat like salt shaker on one side so you can shake it out or as I said I somtimes shake in into my hand so I can see what I am putting in.

rottweiler

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 08:48:06 pm »
Try insparation "Romance" it smells good and it isn't too flowery.  It smells really good!  I have not seen much in the water chemistry area.  Also when you have a cold get the eucalyptus.  That is great when you can't breathe and feel like.....crap.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 08:48:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42