What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: the HS Sovereign Project - wrapping up!  (Read 3093 times)

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
the HS Sovereign Project - wrapping up!
« on: November 23, 2005, 12:59:05 am »
Hello all,

Well... I pulled the non-working moto massage out a couple days ago and saw that the inside rubber hose was shredded beyond belief. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I pulled the moto apart. After some research, I found gum rubber hose that seemed like it might match at www.mcmaster.com Today it arrived and - an exact match to the shredded mess, I replaced the old hose and was able to reassemble the moto without breaking anything. Into the tub it went and VOILA! it works beautifully. For the cost of a rubber hose - $6.98 with shipping. I'm happy because I don't think my other half was too keen on my spending 75.00 more on what she thinks has become an obsession.  (only you people truly understand ;)  (though I guar-own-tee she's going to love it))

so, jet's repaired (fingers crossed that they don't leak again soon), pump rebuilt, moto working -- I acid washed, sanded and sealed the tub.

Then I built some stairs with some extra redwood I had.

IT IS FINISHED!!

I just got out after a nice long hot soak: pummeled aplenty by the moto and the rest of the jets. The other four :)

Yes, I know you guys all have your 80 jets, and 17 pumps, etc. but ahhhh the joy of feeling that spa doing it's thing in the evening, all systems go. 8)

Thanks for all the advice and help. This is a great forum.

You've seen the during pics...
Here's a before and after pic. It's amazing what an acid wash, some sandpaper and some elbow grease can do for redwood.

;D

« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 01:27:35 am by st18901 »

Hot Tub Forum

the HS Sovereign Project - wrapping up!
« on: November 23, 2005, 12:59:05 am »

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
Re: the HS Sovereign Project - wrapping up!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:17:32 am »
Great Job!!! The tub looks great and your hard worked really paid off.  You hav every right to be as proud of your tub as the 72 jet tubs with the tv, stereo, microwave and popcorn popper accessories.  In the end, alot of hot water, a few jets and a star filled sky become the true accessories we all want.

nice job replacing the moto!  you saved yourself lots of $$.

enjoy the tub!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 09:52:10 am »
Congrats!  :D
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 10:45:11 am »
You are my hero!  I wish I had the technical know-how and expertise to rebuild something like that.  It looks GREAT and you should be very proud.  Heck, I'm proud for you!

Enjoy that puppy for the next 20 years or so! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 11:43:52 am »
Great job.  I was looking at a '98 Sovereign before I bought a new Jacuzzi.  

How do you like the lounger.  Does it have that big jetstream jet at the foot of it?  I'm curious how you fit in in, with the tub being only 29" high?

Mark

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 01:49:50 pm »
Thanks for the compliments... You all are the people who truly appreciate this!!

Golfern,

There is a jet stream jet - aptly named - the thing is a monster, capable of knocking water out of the tub, but it's not at the foot of the lounger, it's on the cooling step side.  Actually, were I ever to "soup up" this spa, I would add foot jets to the lounger. The water pressure out of all the other jets is very very strong, so I think the system could handle one or two more jets... It would also be a relatively easy place to get to, and I know (from having dug it up) that there's plumbing nearby. I'd have to check to figure out exactly what it would do to the pressure though.

For now though I'm going to let it be.  :) Time to Enjoy.

The 29' is fine. I'm not a tall person, in fact, I'm pretty short, but I don't think this would be a problem for most people. The only time it was noticeable was when getting up. Suddenly you're out of the tub. The last in ground tub I had was a round thing with a "bench" going round. when you stood up, you were still at 'just below crotch' level in the water.

It's a good design. This HS company seems to know a thing or two.  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 01:52:33 pm by st18901 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 01:49:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42