What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers, how was the Aqua Show?  (Read 6229 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Dealers, how was the Aqua Show?
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:13:59 pm »
Dealers and Factory Reps,

How was the show?  What was cool?  What was lame?  Anything new for our brands in 2006? Did Wisoki put on a Lamp Shade?

I don't want to hear the BS about "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas".  Spill the beans.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 11:40:18 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers, how was the Aqua Show?
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:13:59 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Dealers, how was the Aqua Show?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 10:55:31 am »
Aparently the beans are going to stay in the can cuz... what happens in Las Vegas.......

Dealers and Factory Reps,

How was the show?  What was cool?  What was lame?  Anything new for our brands in 2006?  Anybody get hammered?

I don't want to hear the BS about "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas".  Spill the beans.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 12:04:21 pm »
I did not see anything that was industry changing ....I thought the coolest product I saw....was a gazebo like structure that we are bringing in....I would post a picture if I knew how, as feed back would be very much appreciated ....but nothing much that I saw in spas to talk about.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/starsoff101/album?.dir=c05e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/starsoff101/my_photos
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 06:39:32 pm by wmccall »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 11:40:58 pm »
I enjoyed the show. I flew in last Saturday night, just in time to attend  Sunday and Monday seminars at Artesian Spas. I also toured the new Artesian Factory and jumped on the production line. I will try to post some photos soon. Artesian just completely retooled their entire Island Spas Line. They are really sharp. First production will take place January 2nd. They also gave us a first glimpse of a hot new Island Line Spa, soon to hit the streets. It is 11' long and seats 10 people. I may have to buy a bigger trailer? Any thoughts? Will a Spa Dolly Trailer hold it? The Gold and Platinum series look the same, but will feature a totally new electronic pack, topside control and heater. Really state of the art equipment.
As for the show, most of the top manufacturers were present. I did not see any huge earth shattering changes for the industry this year, but I must  say,  spas have never looked better. Just beautiful, best describes the new shell designs, cabinetry, colors, LED Lighting and jets, from many top manufacturers. The largest spa displays were by Jacuzzi, Sundance, Coleman, Coast, LA Spas, Beachcomber, HydroPool, to name a few. I probably forgot a few. Artesian went smaller, but provided shuttle buses to the factory 10 minutes away and had a full showroom set up and included factory tours. There were a few newcombers present, Islander Spas, Columbia Spas and a couple new manufacturers from Canada. A couple big boys decided not to exhibit at the show, Hot Springs and Cal Spas and a few others.
I did get to meet Dr Spa, at his booth. What a great guy. We talked quite a bit. He loaded me up with plenty of free stuff for my goodie bag. Thanks Doc.
Overall a good show. I just returned yesterday. Feeling a bit tired still. I won't tell you why. As you know, what happens in Vegas...... Just Kidding. Anyone else see anything they liked? Dave.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 12:20:08 am »
It was good meeting you too Dave........... And Harry, it's always good talking to you (did you get to pet the penguins?). HEY! Let me know next year if you all are coming..... I got a BUNCH of Exhibitor badge holders I can send out..... you can get into the show before it opens to the public (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

DANG! I can't forget meeting Stuart! I'm truly sorry we couldn't go out to dinner.

10 hours of driving, I only got home a bit ago *whew*
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

NJDave

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 12:39:18 am »
Hey Doc,
Welcome Back! Hope the show was good for you and worth the 10 hour  drive. Thanks again, for the samples and the introduction of your tubs and covers. They look great. I'll be in touch. We'll have to post the picture of the Penquins, in the Hot Tub. Dave.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 01:34:44 am »
The penguins were cool........... Lots of penguin poop in the spa though...... funny thing is, everyone saw the penguins, but NO ONE can remember the brand of the spa....... hahahahahaha

These are penguins from South Africa. They have no fear of people, and some "unknown" brand of spa had them at the Aqua Show to draw in the crowds.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 03:45:10 am »
The Good Doctor....

It was good to see you also...I am going to be ordering some of those belts you gave me.....what a simple but useful idea....I hope the show went well for you....

NJDave

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 09:31:05 am »
Doc,
Great photos. They said the Penquins were on loan from Wayne Newton. Your right. I forgot the name of the spa too. Just checked my photos and saw the name of the spa manufacturer, Altera Spas. Boy, Penquins in the hot tub is about the most exciting event to report from inside the expo this year. I quess our industry is really calming down from the 1980's when every manufacturer display, had spas filled with bikini clad women. Oh well. Dave.

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 12:21:34 pm »
Dave, can you be a bit more specific on the "retooling" of the Island line? New shells? Different plumbing? New componets? New models? Different jets? Your report from the show, although much appreciated, leaves us hanging somewhat.  Thanks.

NJDave

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 12:54:49 pm »
Jeff,
Every Island Spa shell, except for the Santa Cruz is new. They look awesome. The seating is basically the same, but the lip of the shell has a whole new look, the top, skimmer area, jetting etc. Total Jets have increased. Previously, the Island Spas were available in 29, 38, 48 and 56 Jets. Now the line is equipped with 32, 42, 52 and 62 Jets. The midsize Antiqua and Captiva Models previously, only had 1 jet in the footwell. Not anymore, plenty of footjets now. Seats that previously had no jet, now have jets, no more empty cool down seat. The topside control has new also, really cool exclusive control to Artesian. Also, the electronic spa control pack has been changed. They have upgraded the pack, to what was used in the Gold and Platinum Line for 2006. Also, they have a huge new 8'x11' Model. It will seat 10 people comfortable, 12 or more if Terminator and his friends come over. The new Island line will be in full production on or before January 2nd. I have a dinner party to go to in a couple hours. I will try to post some photos, but may run short of time today. Thanks, Dave.

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 02:12:14 pm »
We had a good show, considering the traffic seemed to be light.  It was nice that Mendo & Stuart stopped by the booth.
Measure once, cut twice.

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 02:47:19 pm »
Dave, thanks for the info. Pictures would be great. Thanks again.  Jeff

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 03:18:43 pm »
If anyone gets a chance please take a look at the link to the photos in my first post...I would appreciate any feed back about the roman column gazebo like setting.....I do not think it is as impressive in the pictures as in person.....but I think it is a very nice alternative to the traditional gazebos for your spa....I again welcome your thoughts...... :D

NJDave

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 04:09:13 pm »
The Roman Pillars are beautiful and will provide a real nice look for a lot of applications. For larger open back yards it will take away that lonely spa look, just sitting on a patio. You could do some plantings around it or have some vines up top. If the customer wants to get out of the rain or snow, then they probably still opt for a regular gazebo or if they are looking for more privacy. But, it will attract customers, especially those with money to buy it. Any ideas, what it will retail for? Goodluck. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 04:09:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42