What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Don't Let This Happen to You!  (Read 23725 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Don't Let This Happen to You!
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2005, 05:10:30 pm »

I thought only drunk high school boys did that.  

Anyone else ever watch Ren & Stimpy? "Don't wiz on the electric fence"
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2005, 05:10:30 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2005, 07:12:57 pm »
Bounce sounds great..it repells my kids, they swear if I dry their clothes using Bounce, they won't wear them.
 ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2005, 11:51:34 pm »
I have fixed a many of Hot Spring with rodent damage. No spa is rat proof. I have seen many of tunnels through the foam.

Now I still prefer full foam, it is the only way to go, but your post implies full foam spas do not get rodent damage.

Amen brother!  No spa is rodent proof.  I have seen rodents chew through the sides of panels to get in.  Any little crevice will allow them the opportunity to exploit it, and chew an area big enough to get through.  Stay vigilante and beware of rodents!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2005, 11:29:48 am »
Stay vigilante and beware of rodents!

Just to try and reassure some of you that are worried about varmints getting in the spa, just try to make sure you seal any crevices where they might squeeze through.  It doesn't take a very big opening for them.  Open the equipment door from time to time and look for signs of infestation:  droppings, gnaw marks, tiny little beer cans, piles of insulation or grass.  Do this and most of you will be alright.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2005, 12:05:30 pm »
What exactly is mouse repellent? I am not real big on putting poisons out because other critters can become unintended victims. If there is a friendly way to keep them out I would like to try it.  :)

There is a mouse repellent Doc sells at his site that is a mixture of herbs in a cloth bag that seems to work.  I have also kept moth balls, but correct, the odor will seep up.  Right now I use the dryer sheets.  That also seems to work.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 12:10:36 pm by tony »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2005, 12:09:40 pm »
Just to try and reassure some of you that are worried about varmints getting in the spa, just try to make sure you seal any crevices where they might squeeze through.  It doesn't take a very big opening for them.  Open the equipment door from time to time and look for signs of infestation:  droppings, gnaw marks, tiny little beer cans, piles of insulation or grass.  Do this and most of you will be alright.

Terminator

Exactly.  Be cogniscent of what is happening with your spa and a little preventitive measures and there will be no problems.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2005, 12:28:24 pm »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2005, 07:20:25 pm »
Way back, when I was in th USAF - one of our radar systems shut down.  So out we go to the site.  Once in side we knew something had fried.  It was real, real nasty smelling.  All we ever found was about 2 inches of a rats tail (we think it was a rat) and some ashes.  It somehow got into the high voltage section of the transmitter and shorted itself across a capacitor.  The rat ,or whatever it was, basically vaporized.  POOF!!!
I'm guessing it didn't feel a thing.

r100rs

Then there is the time I found a mouse inside of a customers copy machine.  We won't go into details on that one.  Just say it was worse the the radar one.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2005, 09:36:38 am »
At my previous job, at the warehouse, I was having trouble with my computer, so the service tech came out and found a live mouse had set up a one bedroom loft in the tower!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

cappykat

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2005, 08:06:43 pm »
Ever since I saw those pics I told my husband "take care of it"!! I'm having bad dreams about it...HA!!

I remember seeing the underneath of the HotSprings...you know I never asked about it when we were looking at the Marquis?  Hey, Mendo...does Maquis have the same protection?

We will have mesh over every conceivable crevice before the week ends!!  Thanks my precious Term for the eye opening pictures!!

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 08:07:02 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2005, 11:25:03 am »
I would just like to clarify the point of this post a bit, if ya'll will indulge me.

The spa I posted to begin this thread is not representative of a quality, well-insulated Thermal Pane spa.  It is a cheap, generic, "kit" spa that is prevalent in this and other parts of the country.  No preventative measures were taken to secure the spa from infestation and the overall poor design made it conducive to suffering these types of problems.

There are many top-of-the-line spas that use Thermal Pane insulation the proper way, with tight tolerances, abundant insulation, and quality materials.  Those of you that own Coleman, Arctics, and any of the other upper-tier TP spas can rest easy knowing that your spa is as rodent-proof as virtually any other spa on the market.  EVERYONE remain dilligent towards your spa's care and you will enjoy it critter-free for as long as you own it.

Terminator
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 11:25:48 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cappykat

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 04:17:07 pm »
That's what is great about this forum.  Things get brought to our attention that might otherwise get overlooked.  I appreciate the post!!
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 04:17:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42