What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question: Sundance experts  (Read 3584 times)

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Question: Sundance experts
« on: November 20, 2005, 05:52:53 pm »
My newly installed maxxus has some new display messages I'm not familiar with.  The dealer did not set up or program anything this time, I filled, powered up and now when you set temp 104 is not the maximum: if I press temp up when it is already set to 104, it reads "o.r.t. 1" if I press temp up again, it reads "o.r.t. 2", and so on up to "o.r.t.4"  The first maxxus I had would not do this, it just displayed 104 regardless of how many times I pressed temp up .  Does anyone know what this message means?  I'm also having troubles with the circ pump stopping once up to temp even though "standard" mode is selected.  If I set temp to "o.r.t. 2" the pump starts, if I set it back to 104, the pump stops (not just the heater, the circ pump itself stops)  Any ideas?  Thanks for any / all help.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Question: Sundance experts
« on: November 20, 2005, 05:52:53 pm »

hymbaw

Re: Question: Sundance experts
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 06:34:01 pm »
Sounds like you have found four extra degrees!! Manufacturers wont display over 104 because the Consumer Product Safety Division says 104 should be the max temp.

As for your circ pump. If the actual temp gets to be 2 degrees higher than what you have it set for the circ pump shuts down to help water cool down to requested temp.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 07:16:20 pm »
As for your circ pump. If the actual temp gets to be 2 degrees higher than what you have it set for the circ pump shuts down to help water cool down to requested temp.

The tub is set for 104, is at 104, and pump stops...Found something about power outage and requiring 24 hrs to reset circ-pump programming.  I'll try forcing the clock forward to see if I can trick it ;D

I'm also going to try to run at "o.r.t. 2" to see if it is in fact a higher temp!

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 07:39:47 pm »
If your circ pump is set for 24-hrs operation, there still is a "start and stop" time, even though it is irrelevant.

Whenever I (or the power company) interrupts power to my Optima, the circ pump will lock out until the next start time. So what I do is just go into the menu and change the start time to whenever the next 1/2-hour mark is (i.e., power goes out at 905 am, reset start time for 930 am). Works every time.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:41:39 pm by johnvb »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 09:08:24 pm »
Thanks hymbaw and johnvb :)  You guys nailed both issues: I can now set my tub to temps higher than 104 (not that I wish to) so the dealer must have locked out this capability on the first tub's start-up.  I forwarded the clock and was able to get the circ. pump going.  Just noticed that my ozone icon is gone again  ::) (1 week since new one installed)  Guess I'll be calling my dealer Monday...
Steve

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 10:45:58 pm »
You have a "jumper" in place to provide "overheat 1, 2, 3, & 4" which will heat the water to 105° up to 108°, this jumper pin should not have been in place as it is not advised to use a Hot Tub over 104°, but it is available for use, however we require a waiver signed to do so just to cover our backside.  It was never enabled in your first spa and I don't know how this one got enabled unless they moved the wrong jumper pin for 60 amp service.  Are you hooked up for 60 amp service?  Does the heater stay on when both pumps are on high?

The Ozone Icon will stay off for 5 minutes after touching any function button and then come back on.  Otherwise, There could be a problem causing this to occur.  No ozone Icon = No Ozone.  Call your dealer and let him know if the Ozone Icon does not come back on.  He will put a new one in.  

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 01:05:44 pm »
You have a "jumper" in place to provide "overheat 1, 2, 3, & 4" which will heat the water to 105° up to 108°, this jumper pin should not have been in place as it is not advised to use a Hot Tub over 104°, but it is available for use, however we require a waiver signed to do so just to cover our backside.  It was never enabled in your first spa and I don't know how this one got enabled unless they moved the wrong jumper pin for 60 amp service.  Are you hooked up for 60 amp service?  Does the heater stay on when both pumps are on high?

The Ozone Icon will stay off for 5 minutes after touching any function button and then come back on.  Otherwise, There could be a problem causing this to occur.  No ozone Icon = No Ozone.  Call your dealer and let him know if the Ozone Icon does not come back on.  He will put a new one in.  

The service is 60 amp and heat stays on with 2 of three pumps running, as it should.  I guess the jumper for overheat 1-4 came from the factory like that?  Doesn't matter, since I do not intend to run hotter than 104 anyway.  Dealer has been called re ozone...is there a rash of ozonator faliures from SD? (this is my second ozonator >:()  Thanks for the specifics on my controls, J._Mcd :)

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 01:05:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42