What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2nd new Maxxus is in!  (Read 3603 times)

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
2nd new Maxxus is in!
« on: November 16, 2005, 09:19:31 am »
My warranty replacement Maxxus is finally here, installed and running.  Used it for the 1st time last night, and everything is working perfectly.  A new ozonator was installed and I now have the ozone icon on my display.  The Covermate III lifter is installed, and after 2.5 months of lifting that big a-- cover by myself, that is a huge thing for me! (lifter works great).  Now I just have to rebuild my deck, pergola, put my glass wind-block walls back up and I'm ready for winter.  Forecast is for chinook winds and temps around 56 F this weekend, so I think I'll be finished this Saturday 8) My dealer has been great, and really took care of me despite the long wait which he had no control over;  I'm pretty pumped about the hassle-free warranty from Sundance...they really do stand behind their product!

Cheers!!

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

2nd new Maxxus is in!
« on: November 16, 2005, 09:19:31 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Psuedonamas?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 10:49:46 am »
If I remember right you had contaminated water in your plumbing lines that led to Psuedonamas?  All the disinfecting methods described by the experts here didn't help?  If this is the case, I'm suprised this problem doesn't happen more often?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 10:52:23 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: Psuedonamas?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 12:12:11 pm »
If I remember right you had contaminated water in your plumbing lines that led to Psuedonamas?  All the disinfecting methods described by the experts here didn't help?  If this is the case, I'm suprised this problem doesn't happen more often?

You do remember right!  But the pseudomonas was not the reason the tub was replaced.  There was a rare flaw in the shell (read between the lines  ;)) which required replacement of the tub.  I'm still battling skin issues, but they seem to be related more to a chemical sensitivity / dryness from what I can tell...still experimenting.  No one else has problems and the water is sparkling, and I am very careful with sanitizer level.

airheads

• '05 SD Maxxus!
Re: 2nd new Maxxus is in!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 12:22:30 pm »
Ok, I'm wondering what's going on with skin sensitivity also.  As you recall, I have an '05 Maxxus too, just replaced the ozone unit (actually it's been replaced twice, as the first replacement unit failed within a week!)and just the last couple of times getting in the tub, I've been itching on my back and legs when I get out.  

My levels seem to be fine, but I haven't had my water checked by my dealer in awhile.  It's still the original water and has been in there for almost 2 months.  No one else has been itching, but I use the tub the most and usually have the jets on high on my back.  

One other thing - would having someone in the tub with psoriasis be causing this?

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:45:37 pm »
I get the itching on my legs (calves and thighs) and I get 1/4" bumps that are not red and do not look like pics of folliculitus on the net.  I'll get 4 or 5 of these bumps on each side of each calf, no where else.  They itch enough that I scratch them 'til they bleed. Using a cortisone cream seems to help.  Last night I used the new tub, immediately after I used lots of lotion on my calves and no itching!!  Like I said, I'm still experimenting to try to isolate the cause.  It may just be super dry skin from the chlorine.  If I ever get a fix on the cause I'll let "ya'll" know!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 08:08:02 pm »
I don't know if this will help but my son gets very very dry skin on his hands (they crack and bleed) from washing them too much. We have tried cortisone, and all sorts of prescription topicals. We found that Aveeno lotion (you can get it at Walmart) is the only thing that stops the itching and dryness. There are several different kinds including one with cortisone. Better dry skin than Pseudomonas! :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 10:35:16 pm »
thanks for the tip bonibelle!  I'll look to see if they carry it this far north  ;D
Steve

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 10:51:26 pm »
currently I would suggest a capful of chlorine in the spa water before use.  There seems to be an issue with the ozonators at this moment in time and you need to be sure you have the ICON on when it should be.  That indicates that the ozone is working as expected.  No ICON = NO OZONE.  That is a problem, call your dealer.

Any other issues, PM  will = response.

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 01:03:38 pm »
I don't know if this will help but my son gets very very dry skin on his hands (they crack and bleed) from washing them too much. We found that Aveeno lotion (you can get it at Walmart) is the only thing that stops the itching and dryness.

Same here....crack and bleed (knuckles) but only on work days from Oct to about April......the weather is so dry, and particularly in the office.....I've been experimenting to see if the soap in the office bathrroms is the culprit......Saturday and Sunday, my hands are fine, and Monday-Friday, they're cracked, bleeding and itching...usually ok in the morning, then in the evening after work, they're at their worse.

I've found the Aveeno to be the best as well...in particular the "Intense Relief Hand Cream".
The label says: Contains natural Colloidal Oatmeal. Lasts through Hand Washing, Moisturizes for 24 hours Non-Greasy"

it's about twice the price, per vol as the bottle with the pump top...it comes in a smaller squeeze tube.
I get it at WalMart or Shoppers Drug Mart here in Ottawa, though the latest time, I got 4 tubes at Costco.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 03:22:19 pm »
If you want to speed up the hand healing process, put a generous amount of the Aveeno on your hands and wear white cotton gloves when you go to sleep.  It is unbelievable how  much faster they heal with the gloves.  My son's hands got so bad they became infected. Now we start with the Aveeno before they begin to dry out. Maybe the itchy guys could put the Aveeno on as soon as they get out of the hot tub, lotions work even better when your skin is a little moist.
ssbraun, If you can't find it in Canada, PM to me and I will send you a bottle.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 03:53:38 pm »
If you want to speed up the hand healing process, put a generous amount of the Aveeno on your hands and wear white cotton gloves when you go to sleep.  It is unbelievable how  much faster they heal with the gloves.

Thought about it, but haven't done it yet.
I HATE the feeling of any sort of lotion on me, which is probably brought this one to begin with.
Whenever I'm out working on anything (mowing lawn, painting the house, etc, etc) I cover my hands with a ridiculous amount of Aveeno and put on my work gloves, and keep them on till I'm done.
Makes my hands, AND my gloves very soft.

Maybe the itchy guys could put the Aveeno on as soon as they get out of the hot tub, lotions work even better when your skin is a little moist.

Been trying to remember to do that.......

If ssbraun can't find it, s/he ain't looking........  ;)
I'm in Canada as well.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 07:14:31 pm »
If you want to speed up the hand healing process, put a generous amount of the Aveeno on your hands and wear white cotton gloves when you go to sleep.  It is unbelievable how  much faster they heal with the gloves.  My son's hands got so bad they became infected. Now we start with the Aveeno before they begin to dry out. Maybe the itchy guys could put the Aveeno on as soon as they get out of the hot tub, lotions work even better when your skin is a little moist.

Thanks for the kind offer, Bonibelle..I'm going to have a look next time I'm out shopping.
Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 07:14:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42