What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fraud charges filed against The Hottub Store  (Read 2099 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Fraud charges filed against The Hottub Store
« on: November 17, 2005, 05:03:13 pm »
Its been an interesting week for me.  This week I had the first problem with my tub since my dealer closed its doors.  I had talked to them once since they closed.  As most of you know, I spoke very highly of them and have referred several people there.  

When I bought, I bought from the son of the owner. The owner had this store for many years.  It was within weeks of that the father retired and sold the business to his son and friend. I guess that is where the problem started.  

As many of you will remember this was Columbus's Dynasty dealer. This summer I stopped in for chemicals and they were closed.  They had a sign up that Dynasty was refusing to ship to them and all orders would be made good. (This was also on thier website.)  Then Royal Spas of Indianapolis took their place at the Ohio State Fair.  The owners of The Hot tub store said they were going to try to reopen as a Royal Dealer, but now I see the building is cleaned out and up for lease.

Well, my tub failed this week (see other thread) and Dynasty seems to be taking care of me, but while posting messages on here last night I saw a news report that the local Attorney General is filing charges against the two owners (They named them) In fair reporting they did mention the store had been around a long time and interviewed a guy who was buying his second tub from them and he had lost $7000
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 05:04:27 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Fraud charges filed against The Hottub Store
« on: November 17, 2005, 05:03:13 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
Re: Fraud charges filed against The Hottub Store
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 05:09:39 pm »
The station reporting this hasn't updated their website, when they do, I'll post a link.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 05:53:23 pm »
On the plus side Bill.....at least you have at your disposal,some of the best information/experts right here at this site!

And,you being a typical male,you like tinkering with things,and get em working/grin.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 06:20:12 pm »
On the plus side Bill.....at least you have at your disposal,some of the best information/experts right here at this site!

And,you being a typical male,you like tinkering with things,and get em working/grin.

True. It was good to soak again tonight before curling. I'll probably post a picture of the equipment compartment tomorrow. I identified the Ozonator, Can't remember the brand right now, but since its 2.5 years old, I might inquire about seeing if it needs replaced.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 06:20:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42