What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cold tub  (Read 5326 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Cold tub
« on: October 29, 2005, 11:03:11 am »
Got up this morning and the temp was 31.  I had a nice long soak at 104. By the time the sun had come up it was 34 degrees so I started draining the tub.  Two and a half hours later, it was wiped clean, including the filter compartment, don't forget to wipe that, and filled. I went to put in the filters, forgetting that this was cold water, that is a wierd feeling.  When I filled in early July, it started at 71 degrees.  Today, it is starting out at 58!  Its all ready to 63, so the first soak should come sometime when we get home possibly around midnight.  I love fresh water.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Cold tub
« on: October 29, 2005, 11:03:11 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Cold tub
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:14:17 am »
I'm wondering if my Nov fill will cause my tub to go into freeze protection. I think it does that at 55 F and I'm sure my water will be around that temp. Hopefully if it does then it doesn't kick off the heater, then my 10 hour heat up will become a 15 hour one!

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 11:17:21 am »
It was 54 when I woke up this morning and 72 in the house still (haven't had to turn the heat on yet this year) and I was still freezing.  I'm hoping it warms up to 70 before our 11 o'clock soccer game.

I don't think I could handle going outside in 34 degree weather to get into 102 hot tub... way too much of a temp difference for me.

Enjoy the clean water.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 01:59:30 pm »
I just threw on a sweatshirt while draining the tub and refilling.  I'm sure a speedo and a sweatshirt is an odd looking combo :)   The water is 75 now!  Spent a long afternoon at the gym yesterday so we will be in a 104 tub tonight around midnight.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 02:00:24 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 02:11:50 pm »
I'm impressed you can wear a speedo ... I would never attempt that! :o

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
I don't think I could handle going outside in 34 degree weather to get into 102 hot tub... way too much of a temp difference for me.

Enjoy the clean water.

Sure you can, its all about the wind. Last year the coldest weather we soaked in was 4F.  There was no wind, and we got in at 104.  With no wind, there is no problem hanging up the robe and climbing in. And you have a minute or so getting out before you feel it.  That was a 108 degree difference, and it was great

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 03:40:05 pm »

I think the largest size they sell is 38.  I'm close to getting back into a 38 jean. But I only use the speedo around family. I don't subject others to it.

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 04:26:17 pm »
Vinny,

anybody can WEAR a speedo, just like anybody can wear a bikini......................

Doesn't mean it looks good.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 04:29:46 pm »
Vinny,

anybody can WEAR a speedo, just like anybody can wear a bikini......................

Doesn't mean it looks good.

If I wore a speedo, no one would see the speedo! ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 04:32:04 pm »

I think the largest size they sell is 38.  I'm close to getting back into a 38 jean. But I only use the speedo around family. I don't subject others to it.

Bill,

That's great that you've done that. I do talk about doing that and my doctor wants me to do that ... but I haven't yet.  I don't think that I've seen a size 38 in about 12 years.

Vinny

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 07:27:22 pm »
My husband finally can wear a 30.  When we first got married he was a 28.  I remember shopping for him and asking the gentlemen in the suit department about slacks in a 28 and he told me to go to little boys... I was like, uh my 6' tall husband won't be too happy about that.  Its just nice to no longer be bigger than my husband... I'm only 5'2 and 120, so its not like I was asking too much.   :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 05:08:23 am »
I wore a size 28 waist 36 length during my senior year of high school and was a 32 waist for many years there after. But as we age and our dimensions change ??? Its funny how we get widder and shorter. I am now a 34 x 36 and I wish they made a 35 length cause 34 length is a bit short, but not for long!!! >:(
Retired

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 04:13:05 pm »

I discovered last night with the tub @ 102 and the ambient temp at ~32 (slushy snow/freezing rain falling) that long baggy "cool" looking shorts aren't the ticket for the spa in cold weather......preserving the modesty was the order of the night, as it was our first soak, and we fully expected unannounced visitors......

So, all this to say, "can" or not......this fellow is gonna be donning something a little more skimpy......long, wet, baggy nylon is mighty cold while standing on the back step drying off....can't step inside till the dripping stops.......the water is hell on the hardwood floors.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 04:18:59 pm »

I discovered last night with the tub @ 102 and the ambient temp at ~32 (slushy snow/freezing rain falling) that long baggy "cool" looking shorts aren't the ticket for the spa in cold weather......preserving the modesty was the order of the night, as it was our first soak, and we fully expected unannounced visitors......

So, all this to say, "can" or not......this fellow is gonna be donning something a little more skimpy......long, wet, baggy nylon is mighty cold while standing on the back step drying off....can't step inside till the dripping stops.......the water is hell on the hardwood floors.

My yard is very isolated and the only time we have suits on for either the pool or hit tub is if we know people are comming by.  (I need to get a decent Driveway buzzer alarm, btw)

After going Au Natural for so long, it acutally feels strange and uncomfortable to have a suit on when in the water.

Given that the residual soap in the suits from being washed aren't good for the tub, and the chlorine from the tub isn't good for the suit, I have come to the conclusion that everyone who visits me should be naked.

Now I just need to get some better looking friends.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 04:20:00 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 10:07:05 pm »
I agree Drewstar, it definately feels strange getting in the tub with swim trunks on.  The majority of my soaks are usualy late at night due to my crazy schedule, so I am usually "naked as a jaybird" as the old saying goes.

I attribute a lot of my good luck I have had with my water chemistry, to not wearing a suit in.   I do have a privacy fence on one side of the tub, but havent quite figured out how to block the view from my neighbor on the other side so I just warned them that if they saw me on the deck with only a towel on, its getting ready to hit the deck and I'm getting ready to hit the tub!   ;D
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 10:07:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42