What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pics of my delivery  (Read 6572 times)

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Pics of my delivery
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 08:43:42 am »
Sorry about the delay in getting back to the questions on this.  Business trip out of the country for 4 days and the first thing I did was go for a soak.  :D Well OK the second thing  ;).

Those curtains are indeed shower curtains. We have a very private backyard with only one neighbour to contend with and that is only one window. The main Access from the house is 6 feet away from the tub and the deck was already built (by yours truly) to create a room effect. So when my significant other started thinking about privacy for our Spa Heaven, she suggested that we simply hang some shower curtains. I thought she meant the plastic vynil kind, but came home with those that are more like a cloth and the rods. All in all it looks great. Like she said "when they get to old looking we'll simply replace them"

Cailcosci. The pearlescent is fabulous, especially at night with the LED lights. Wow under the stars, the reflection of the tub adds a whole new dimension. We also added little x-mas lights in amongst the trellis around the deck which provides a very soft white.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 08:43:42 am »

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 10:17:33 am »
Shower Curtains...... That is a fantastic idea  :o I'll have to keep that one in mind.

ZNICK

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 10:07:01 pm »
That's a beautiful setup... SUPERB... and I LOVE the curtain idea!!!!

I go to each family's home that I sell a tub to and give them ideas and suggestions on tub placement, decking, decor and positioning, and I'm going to now include curtains in my "idea book"!

I'm curious though, why the crane?  Who paid for it, you, or was it included in your package and paid for by the dealer?  

Z

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 11:26:15 am »
That's a beautiful setup... SUPERB... and I LOVE the curtain idea!!!!

I go to each family's home that I sell a tub to and give them ideas and suggestions on tub placement, decking, decor and positioning, and I'm going to now include curtains in my "idea book"!

I'm curious though, why the crane?  Who paid for it, you, or was it included in your package and paid for by the dealer?  

Z

Thank you! thank you! thank you.  But the credit goes to my best friend (wife) who has a great mind to envision what something will look like before any of the work is done. We love the set-up.  Very private.

The crane was required because there was absolutely no way to 'dolly' the tub to the backyard.  It would have meant going through a grape arbour, over raspberry and strawberry plants, through the vegetable patch and then through the serious gardens that my wife tends. What can I say she is British and loves her gardens. The final would have been to hoist the tub up three steps onto the deck and then into the hole were it now rests.  The crane  went comething like. Strap the thing - hoist over the house - lower into place - and voila.

The dealer include that into the cost of purchase. It was the same as his hand delivery cost because he made the decision to go with the crane after purchase when he saw the where and what he had to go through.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 11:29:46 am by doodoo »

saz

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 04:29:45 pm »
Oi, what's wrong with being British and enjoying your garden!?!?!?LOL  Seriously tho, it looks ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS,a nd tell your wife that she obviously has a very fine British mind to be able to think of a clever, and pretty, idea of those shower curtains
saz
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 04:30:05 pm by saz »

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 09:22:55 pm »
I'm bumping this thread so you can see the shower curtain idea from Doodoo- I guess it wasn't a pergola but this is the one I was thinking of.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:24:30 pm by Ruby »
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 09:22:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42