What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fill time???  (Read 3576 times)

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
Fill time???
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:08:46 am »
My new Arctic Avalanche Ultra was delivered yesterday around lunch time.

I was working from homeand got caught up on a conference call, and while I thought the two guys were setting up the tub and getting it ready to fill, they were already filling it.  The "spa tech" had tossed the hose in and cranked the hose bib wide open.....Well, I'm on a artesian well, and while I have an excellent well, and possibly a "too big" pump,  I have no restrictions on the plumbing.....the tub had about 150 gallon of water in it in about 10 minutes before blowing brown gunk. (very fine brown gunk as I have a 1 micron filter on the main line)

(my well will pump down in about 10 minutes at 15 gallons per minute, or run all day at about 5-6 gallons per minute)

I let them finish up setting things up and sent them on their way.....let the well refresh for an hour, flushed the lines, drained the murky water from the tub, shop vac-ed out the bits left in the bottom and refilled.......I filled my 440 gallon tub in about 2 hours and change, without running the well dry again......

I'm looking at installing a regulator on the hose bib that will be used to fill the tub so this doesn't happen again (accidentally) as I don't want to be doing a water change in marginal weather (last night dipped below freeezing, so I had to get the tub filled and powered up) with less buffer time and end up having to run the tub with dirty murky water to keep it from freezing up.

SO..........

all this to ask "How long does it usually take some of you to fill your tub from city water, with your tap wide open?"

Hot Tub Forum

Fill time???
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:08:46 am »

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
Re: Fill time???
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:13:41 am »
45 minutes
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 09:59:58 am »
To fill my hot tub wide open.....300 gallons.....about 45 minutes

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 10:10:00 am »
485 gallons, maybe 45 minutes, give or take.

Brewman

keating

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 10:56:52 am »
Thanks folks.

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 04:54:07 pm »
  375 gallon (1400 litre) Majesta... about 45 minutes to fill. Just for reference - using two hoses to drain it was about an hour and 15 minutes... heat time from 55 degrees to 101 was 5 hours 20 minutes. Just did it Sunday.   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 04:59:52 pm »
Hi PaulMc!

What kind of tub is yours?? Thats a quick temp. rise in five hours. I just changed my water (2nd time) and my tub only gains about 4 to 4.5 degrees a hour. Tub is Piper Glen

john mcdonough ???

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 05:41:47 pm »
  It's a Sundance Majesta. I know... I couldn't believe it either. The first time I filled it the water temp started at 67 degrees and heated up at a rate of 6 degrees an hour which I was happy with. It went at 8 degrees an hour Sunday the whole time. Don't know if it's because I only had the tub off for an hour or two before I started it back up or because the ambient temperature was lower than in the summer time. No idea. Had the cover on the whole time except checking every hour or so, but I think I did the first time too.
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

keating

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 08:49:07 pm »
my tub only gains about 4 to 4.5 degrees a hour.

mine started about 50 degrees when I filled it and was up to 68 when I went to bed about 1.5-2.0 hours later.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 08:49:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42