What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Softsoak?  (Read 2144 times)

lyonHTBuyin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Softsoak?
« on: November 14, 2005, 02:07:04 pm »
What is the best non-chlorine/Bromine system to use for a hot tub. My wife is very sensitive to chlorine. I have heard that Softsoak was pretty good. What have you had success with?

Hot Tub Forum

Softsoak?
« on: November 14, 2005, 02:07:04 pm »

socal

• so it begins
Re: Softsoak?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 08:11:14 pm »
try nature2.....ive pust it on pools that we have built. i have not used it with our spas, they have the frog inline on it.
Marquis dealer

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 06:24:26 am »
HI,  We have been using Soft Soak products for about 9 months, I also was allergic to chlorine.  We were using Nature 2 with Spa Guard products and I had a bad rash!  Soft Soak is great for us no foam, water is clear, does not bother my skin at all.  We are also using once a week Spa Guard Natural Spa Enzyme which we were recommended by a dealer to use.  We do not have ozone.  Hope this works for you and you only have to add once a week.  Good Luck,   Lynnette :) :) :)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 01:29:31 pm »
It is the same as Baqua Spa.  Both are biguanides (peroxide based).  There are a ton of opinions both for and against.

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 04:32:26 pm »
SoftSoak and BaquaSpa are indeed both Biguinide based sanitizer. The hydrogen peroxide is used to oxidize(shock) the water.

I wouldn't recommend using ozone with a biguinide based system.

A lot of people get away with using Nature2/ozone/MPS combo. I prefer to use a chlorine based shock with this combo to provide a slight chlorine residual.

Good luck finding something that works for you!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 04:32:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42