What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: DID I GET A DECENT DEAL  (Read 3579 times)

keithtc

• WEST VIRGINIA COP
DID I GET A DECENT DEAL
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:26:47 pm »
PURCHASED NEW HOT SPRING ENVOY
INCLUED WITH TUB
                             LED LIGHT KIT FOR OUTSIDE TUB
                             STEPS
                             COVER CRADLE LIFT
                             6 MONTHS SUPPLY OF BAQUACIL
                             CHEMICALS
                             SET UP INCLUDING BREAKER BOX

TOTAL PRICE WITH 5% TAX     $9,100

SHOULD I USE THE CHEMICALS OR DO YOU RECOMMEND A DIFFRENT BRAND

Hot Tub Forum

DID I GET A DECENT DEAL
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:26:47 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: DID I GET A DECENT DEAL
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 06:30:45 pm »
Yes, you did.  You got it for about $800 less than you could have gotten it in East Texas.  Congratulations and enjoy the Envoy! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:29:14 pm »
Signs of buyers remorse.  Of course, you got a "good deal", you shopped around and you made your decision.  Hot Springs is a good spa and every Hot Springs dealer will tell you that.  Why should you question your decision after the fact.

You bought a good spa at a price you were willing to pay.  Some have paid more and maybe some have even paid less.  But if you divide the difference by the number of years you will own your spa or by how many times you are going to use your spa, you are talking less pennies.

On the other issue, there has been a lot of posting you can refer to regarding BaquaSpa products.  Many find it frustrating, confusing, problematic and down right over priced to be the most expensive way to maintain your water.  Then again, some don't mind the expense and just love it.  Do a search and get some background on it to form you own opinion.

Now, sit back, Soak and Enjoy. ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 08:33:10 pm by J._McD »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 11:07:40 pm »
SHOULD I USE THE CHEMICALS OR DO YOU RECOMMEND A DIFFRENT BRAND

I always say, start with what the dealer gives you. Most likely if you have a problem, you will call them first and they will have some idea of what is going on and can help you.  I know nothing about baqua, but you can search the history here and find info.  After you get that routine down, you can decide if you want to try something different .   I still use the Dichlor/MPS shock routime my dealer started me out with, but as moderator of this forum, I tend to buy them from different dealers around town as an excuse to stop and look around.  A few of them know of me here.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 11:28:19 am »
You got a great deal, congratulations and welcome to the club.

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 02:16:09 pm »
I went with dichlor, but my salesman said he had set up 60 customers on Baqua with no complaints or switching.  I thought I read about possible problems for asthmatics with the Baqua products - so I said no thanks.  

Price wasn't much higher than my 04 vanguard - so sounds like a good deal to me...

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 03:48:52 pm »
The price you paid was very fair.  Joy of your new tub.  

On the subject of chems, I think if you read your owner's manual it will tell you that the only sanitizer that is compatible with all of your other features is dichlor.  Bacqua Spa is not as effective as dichlor as a sanitizer either and it is more expensive.  Go to www.rhtubs.com and look in the FAQ section for the water treatment system of The Vermonter.

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 03:48:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42