What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa pillows  (Read 4238 times)

gobucks145

• Go BUCKS!!!
spa pillows
« on: November 12, 2005, 09:28:26 am »
I've owned my spa for almost a year. I've already had to replace one pillow. Now all 6 of them are cracking and coming apart. Any ideas. Chemical issues? Cheap quality? Anyone else had this problem?
Proud to be a BUCKEYE!!!

Hot Tub Forum

spa pillows
« on: November 12, 2005, 09:28:26 am »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: spa pillows
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 09:37:13 am »
gobucks:

Actually in my Coleman it seems that I've had it for 5 months and the pillows still look real good so I can't comment on the pillow thing. Might be chems..or cheap quality...who knows. Are they expensive to replace?

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 09:44:38 am »
Do you use bromine or chlorine?  I have friends who used chlorine to shock and they'd throw it in and close the cover and walk away and their pillows and underside of the cover deteriorated failry quick.  It's a good idea to leave the cover open or partially open at least to allow some of the offgasses to dissipate.

My HS is 8 yrs old and still has the original pillow at the moto massage unit and is still in very good shape.
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Bosmani

• lifes to short to drink cheap wine
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 08:04:52 pm »
Always leave the cover off when shocking to ensure no damage to the cover and pillows.. 15 minutes minimum....

gobucks145

• Go BUCKS!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 09:35:11 pm »
I use bromine. When I shock, I let it run for about 15 minutes or so and then replace the cover. They run about 25 bucks to replace, but I certainly don't want to be doing this constantly. I'll keep the cover off longer from now on and see if that helps.
Proud to be a BUCKEYE!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 08:57:14 am »
When I purchased my new hot tub, the sales person who did my orientation recomended that I fill the tub  to just below the bottom of the pillows.  His theory  was by keeping the water line below the pillows, they'll last a significant amout longer.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 08:57:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42