What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?  (Read 47085 times)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2005, 02:34:53 pm »
O.K My turn I have been in the spa business ten years started out selling Coleman,In az.('Til the Maxx take over)I then went to sell L.A Spas 'Til their recent sale thaught I would follow a buddy to Colorado and promote the Cal Spas brand ,where I manage a local showroom.I have a very lovely wife (also a t.v star on OLN) and 3 great children.I also run my own cheesy site where I allow every one to chime in on herrassing the Colorado Con. I love selling spas it is a passion for me as the industry has been so generous to me and my family.
 My hobbies are hunting,fishing, sporting clays and just about anything else related to the great outdoors. ;D
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2005, 02:34:53 pm »

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2005, 11:10:38 am »
Rachel in Tennessee, in the process of purchasing our first hot tub. We do not need an expensive ...all the bells and whistles one...just looking for best price, good quality for mainly relaxation.  Right now looking at a Viking Supreme for around $3500....do not want to spend more. Any recommendations feel free to respond.

Thanks!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2005, 01:05:09 pm »
I wonder if Raj from Arctic Spas Brampton is still in the spa business.  He was sure gung-ho for a while.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2005, 02:12:31 pm »
i have been here for about a year and think this forum is great.

Spa: 2004 clearwater  Ultra 9100. We love this tub.

work: owner/worker at www.anygig.com ;D

looking forward to the first snow fall here. hopefully it will be soon!!

Danny

• "He was a wise man who invented beer"  Plato
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2005, 02:24:29 pm »
Danny, Consumer, New Guy

2004 Hot Springs Grandee since August 2005

Manchester, MO (about 15 miles west of St. Louis)

We bought the spa as a gift for my wife of about five years on her completion of Graduate School.  I’m a computer guy for a big company, hovering around Fortune 15 for the last few years, and my lovely, extremely tolerant wife, is a teacher of 4th grade kids.  We’ll have some of our own in a couple of years.  We enjoy any of the activities that go well with drinking beer.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2005, 02:58:40 pm »
 We enjoy any of the activities that go well with drinking beer.

You say that as if there are activities that DON'T go well with drinking beer.  I guess MAYBE neurosurgery or something along those lines.

Terminator

Danny

• "He was a wise man who invented beer"  Plato
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2005, 04:07:40 pm »
I totally agree, other than driving cars, we'll do just about anything (I'm afraid of the comments) on the beer.  It makes planning the weekend much more easier.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time before some crazy doctor gets a NWI.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2005, 04:08:54 pm »
Ain't it the truth!  Sure have been a few airline pilots lately getting caught.  Now that's scary!

Terminator

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2005, 05:21:23 pm »
Terminator, you've got me thinking about that Shiner Bock again...I've got to figure out how to get some up here north of the border...BTW we've got some fantastic microbreweries up here; I'll bet you'd find some favorites to add to your list ;D

My story...Home is Calgary, Canada...married to a great and beautiful wife...2 kids (a girl - 8, and a boy - 10)...I work as an instructor at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology...wife works as a lab technologist in the molecular diagnostics division of the virology lab at the Provincial Laboratory of Public Health (say THAT 5 times fast and you'll need a Shiner Bock to wet your whistle  ;) )  My '05 Maxxus has been 12 years in the planning stages...call it my early 40th bday gift!..."luvin, tubbin,"

Cheers!

Steve

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2005, 05:32:42 pm »

Here you go, best I can do. :(

Terminator

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2005, 06:47:17 pm »

Here you go, best I can do. :(

Terminator

Thanks for the effort, Terminator...I know you can feel my pain!  I do have a cousin in Austin who is rumored to be heading here at Christmas...I wonder if........hmmmm...maybe she'd...I'd better make a call!!   8)

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2005, 07:50:00 pm »
  I'm in!

Paul, consumer, east suburbs of Toronto Ontario, Sundance Majesta July 2005. Thought about a hot tub for years, finally took the plunge. Or soak I guess. Awesome isn't a good enough word.

Happily married about 12 years, which is pretty good as we celebrated our 30th anniversary in July. (She hates when I say that but she puts up with it.. the woman's a saint I tell ya). Three children: one born in the 70s, one in the 80s and one in the 90s. I think we're due again but that snip says we're done. Oldest girl married, working as a paralegeal in town, youngest girl graduated from U of Guelph and off to teachers college soon, son just started high school.

Started in the IT industry back when it was Data Processing. Just got my thirty years in and can take early retirement but I just love my job so I may wait a while. And I should work some more and save for the young lad to go through school. Wife has been a domestic engineer and child-raiser for 29 years so she's got a few to go before she can retire.

Enjoy the fambly, golf and woodworking, mostly trying to build furniture now instead of decks and basements. Nice breaks from those darn computers.

Lots to learn about woodworking, spas and life yet, so this forum and a couple of woodworking ones are great resources. I like the friendly helpful atmosphere here.

Favourite drink in the tub... the tried and true Rusty Nail, although since I try to only have one each night it's more of a spike size than a nail. After reading Terminator's frequent recommendations I did try some Shiner Bock when I was down in San Fran a few weeks back. I can attest to it's quality. A great prelude to a a few irish coffees at the Buena Vista if you ever get that way.

Its' about 42F right now so as good a time as any. Now where'd I leave that large glass....     paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2005, 08:16:06 pm »
Consumer, lurking here for a few months before I just bought my spa.

Live in Sunnyvale, CA
Married 25 years
20 year old daughter in college
17 year old son in high school

IT project manager for a high tech firm.

Took delivery of my Jacuzzi J-345 on 10/6. Starting to feel comfortable with the chem routine. Loving it.

Steve

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2005, 10:43:38 pm »
Jay Seifert, 42 Married (Love Brookstien's line... "Happily most of the time")

Own a company called VoIP Solutions, Inc. (Have a website but too much busniess to build it and maintain it .... so far) Voice over IP consultant to large firms. . Consult to Lucent Technologies, AT&T, Verizon, SBC, Sprint, Time Warner, etc.  Most projects are multi-million dollar efforts.  I DO NOT work on commission so I get the same fees whether it's a 50Mil project or a 2mil deal.

At one time had though about getting "out of the tech business" and entertained opening up a Spa dealership. I've owned and run other retail stores in the past and Hot Tubs seemed like a natural extension.  Got final vendors down to either Jacuzzi, Bull Frog or Beachcomber prior to scraping the whole idea.  However, now may have the opportunity to acquire an "ongoing" major name HT dealer with decent volume so may once again be "in the market" for a dealership.

- Happily Married for past 13 years
- 2 boys (one 9 and one 2 & 1/2).
- Car enthusiast on MBworld with same moniker (AMG)
- Audio entusiast on AVSforum with same monkier
- Single-digit golfer (In-The-Bunker=N-Da-Bunka)
- Amatuer player (play World Amatuer every year in MB)
- 4.5 USTA tennis player (Team captain for neighborhood)
- Retired semi-pro water skier (National ranked in 80's)
- Entrepenuer - run own business and consult to others
- Supported myself through college on Stock Options trading. Now trade for "fun and profit" but not nearly as serious as I was when I was in my 20's.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2005, 11:02:06 pm »
- Single-digit golfer (In-The-Bunker=N-Da-Bunka).

I've been a single digit golfer for a few years now. I can't remember the last time I got a 10 on a hole.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2005, 11:02:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42