What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nanostick  (Read 5275 times)

rick_in_cleveland

Nanostick
« on: November 10, 2005, 09:59:57 am »
I was back visiting in Iowa over the weekend and one of my friends was using a product called a Nanostick in his spa.  It is suppose to oxidize organics using sunlight (although his tub is inside).. Anyone ever use the product?

Hot Tub Forum

Nanostick
« on: November 10, 2005, 09:59:57 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Nanostick
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 10:24:19 am »
Sounds like snake oil to me.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 10:35:04 am »
Tried it, did'nt work for me.

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 10:58:36 am »
I am not a fan of the Nanostick, for the simple reason, it did not work.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 10:59:20 am »
Found this on the web:

http://www.e-onlinepoolparts.us/nano_sticks.htm

..."How is NanoTITANIUM used in the NanoSTICK®:
It is embedded as part of the ceramic material and will not erode into the water.
Why do we get greater results than a mineral system:
Minerals go into the water to surround and kill, leaving dead matter behind to be filtered or oxidized out. Silver’s life expectancy in the water is very questionable and is a very slow disinfectant at best. Silver is destroyed by the chloride ion, which is a by-product of chlorine sanitation. By contrast NanoSTICK® works on contact putting nothing into the water. The hydroxide radical completely oxidizes contaminants to carbon dioxide and water in a Nano second...."

Sounds like a gadgety silver ion stick.  
Silver ions have been used in comercial pools and have been reported to aid in keeping dihydrogen monoxide  :) clean, and posters here have reported varying degress of success with similliar, much smaller units for thier tubs.

I doubt this, Nanastick, as a standalone system would work for anyone who uses thier tub with any regularity.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:03:23 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 11:05:43 am »
Sounds like the vote is in!

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 11:06:21 am »
Nanostick technology as far as I am concerned is just a gimmick that does NOT work.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 11:09:45 am »
Oops, guess i was wrong. It does not work similiar to silver ion....here is some more info I found.

The NanoSTICK can be placed anywhere in the water. It needs minimal amount of light to enable it to function much as a photovoltaic cell. It is effective at all pool and spa water temperatures with its efficiency increasing as water temperature increases. Using this revolutionary 21st Century Catalytic oxidizer enables the sanitizer to have less load. This produces more forgiving water that requires far less sanitizer to maintain the desired residual, saving you money on sanitizer cost. Field tests have shown reduction of 16 percent in outdoor bromine pools and over 50 percent in chlorine pools, it saves you money on Bacquacil pools too. Water treated with the NanoSTICK has a distinctive sparkle and a more pleasant feel to the bather. The NanoSTICK for pools treats 10,000 to 15,000 gallons of water for four to six months and the NanoSTICK for the spa treats 500 gallons for four to six months.

I stole this info from:

http://www.print2webcorp.com/news/asburypark/doverpools/20050320/p31.asp

They keep refereing to nanostick.com, but that site hasn't given me to much details.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:11:11 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 11:09:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42