What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HOT SPRINGS  (Read 9518 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: HOT SPRINGS
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 11:05:25 am »

I disagree, and I thought it was a standard feature on most tubs when I bought mine.  On really cold nights you can see a big difference in the set and actual if you are in the tub for a long time.  After a refill, I like to be able to check the actual temp and set temp.  Also after a power failure, its nice to see what they both are.

Thats a good point. and I agree. I wish that hot springs had this feature.

But they don't.   So, whaddya do? I have  a heavy sinking  pool /spa thermometer that I use when  these questions come up.

My point was, 1) answer the question for the poster, and 2) in my humble opion, it wasn't enought to disuade me from the purchase.  YMMV.

Never understood why HS doens't have  actual and set. Why?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 11:06:53 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 11:05:25 am »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 11:19:49 am »
It's easy to find out the temperature. If you have set the spa for say 102 and the spa is still heating up, you would just push the set button down until the ready light comes on, what ever the temp is showing at that point you are within 1-2 degrees of that.

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 12:01:45 pm »
While it would be nice, I certainly don't miss it - I too have a floating thermometer (came with the tub) - but I hardly ever look at the actual temp - the tub automatically resets to the last temp I had after a power failure and/or water change....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 12:08:09 pm »
- the tub automatically resets to the last temp I had after a power failure and/or water change....

Mine doesn't  It defaults to 95F and almost no filtration, so I have to reset both.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 12:49:09 pm »
One of the nice things about HotSpring is that there is absolutely nothing to program:  no timers, cycles, power-failure reprograms, nothing!  Set it, forget it, if the power goes out, it'll reset itself to the last temperature setting and start the 24-hour filtration automatically.  Pretty nice not having to program the spa like a VCR. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 01:55:15 pm »
One of the nice things about HotSpring is that there is absolutely nothing to program:  no timers, cycles, power-failure reprograms, nothing!  Set it, forget it, if the power goes out, it'll reset itself to the last temperature setting and start the 24-hour filtration automatically.  Pretty nice not having to program the spa like a VCR. :)

Terminator

Yea, we lost power for somewhere around 7 hours after Sat night's storm and my controller returned to the previous set temp.  Didn't think to check the filtration cycles.  I'll have to do that.  It blinks to let you know you've lost power.  It also shows you the temp in the tub 24/7, which I happen to find convenient, especially at night.  Crack the cover and take a quick peek.

stan1

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 06:45:38 pm »
hey spas direct has a solid bottom!! i live in ny its cold real cold !!!!

salesdvl

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 08:53:01 am »
It's easy to find out the temperature. If you have set the spa for say 102 and the spa is still heating up, you would just push the set button down until the ready light comes on, what ever the temp is showing at that point you are within 1-2 degrees of that.

The point is 'Why have to do that'.  Listen, I sold HS for about 20 years.  I attended ASM & Top Gun and when I was selling it I too spun a negative into a positive.  But Watkins' need to be different, in this case, isn't a convenient thing for the end user.  There is no reason why they can't have the actual temp be displayed when you hit a button.  They could still have the ready light.  Now, having said that.  I still dont think its an issue to make or break a purchase decision.
Measure once, cut twice.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 10:53:55 am »
hey spas direct has a solid bottom!! i live in ny its cold real cold !!!!

Stan1, Im thinkin our new nickname for you will be spam1!
-SpaMan~

shabba34

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 11:31:25 am »

Yea, we lost power for somewhere around 7 hours after Sat night's storm and my controller returned to the previous set temp.  
We just got power back at my store after two weeks without.  Thanks Wilma!!  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 11:58:01 am »
We just got power back at my store after two weeks without.  Thanks Wilma!!  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Glad you're back!  Did the spas freeze with no power or did the full foam insulation pull through like a champ? ;)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 12:05:30 pm »
Glad you're back!  Did the spas freeze with no power or did the full foam insulation pull through like a champ? ;)

Terminator

Probably just the equipment area froze...........It gets so cold in FL.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 12:08:36 pm »

As I was grumbling to myself about missing one night of decent sleep due to the power being out, I actually thought about how much it would stink to have endured the Hurricane(s).  That has got to be tough.  Look on the bright side, maybe everyone's spas were destroyed and they'll have to buy new ones. ;D :(

shabba34

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 02:12:56 pm »
We have about 15 spas that floated out to sea and came back with the waves, and about 30-40 others that were completely flooded out (Down in the Florida Keys alone)  I have about 80 other service calls that have come in since the storm.  You can only imagine how inundated we are with just one service tech. :-/ :-/

stan1

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 10:45:30 pm »
SPAM LOL THATS A GOOD ONE,  ILL BE GLAD TO SEND U A PIC OF MY HOME WITH MY SPAS DIRECT PARADISE LX ON MY DECK!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 10:45:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42