What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is MPS necessary with Nature 2?  (Read 3227 times)

sunnydee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Is MPS necessary with Nature 2?
« on: November 08, 2005, 10:18:42 am »
I'm still coping with green tinted water, but at this point I'm convinced it's metals oxidizing. I test with the Nature 2 strips in the morning and my MPS levels are always low, even if I've added it the night before after bathing. To me all the MPS does is fizz a little when added to the water. I started using dichlor after bathing. Could anyone tell me if MPS is necessary? If so, could you suggest a routine since I'm new to this whole chemical thing. By the way, my ph and alkalinity are OK.
Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Is MPS necessary with Nature 2?
« on: November 08, 2005, 10:18:42 am »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: Is MPS necessary with Nature 2?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 10:43:13 am »
I'd check out this website if you haven't already:

http://www.nature2.com/

Steve

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 12:18:34 pm »
I use Nature 2 with dichlor only.  I add a teaspoon after use and 1.5 tablespoons once a week.  Everything has been perfect for about 2 months now.  Without Nature 2 I had all kinds of problems.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 04:03:21 pm »
sunnydee,

I think the nature 2 site you were directed to says dichlor can be substituted for MPS.

I am currently using ozone, nature 2 and dichlor. I add about 1/2 tbs after use and about 2 tbs weekly as a shock and super sanitizer.

There are a couple of good FAQs on the whole spa maintenance thing on the following site.

http://www.rhtubs.com/bbs/FAQ.htm

Look for the FAQs about Northman's and Vermonter's routines.

I think Northman basically suggests a combination of MPS and dichlor while Vermonter recommends dichlor and says you can substitute MPS for your weekly shock, but you lose the super sanitizing effect of a dichlor shock.

Steve

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 04:42:19 pm »
Just remember, no matter what some people say, adding an arbitrary amount of chlorine/mps after use does not work for everybody.  To be sure your water gets "sanitized," you need to make sure you get the chlorine level up between 3-5ppm after use.  If you don't, there is nothing to guarantee that the N2 and MPS are cutting it.  Clear water is not always clean water.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 06:54:45 pm »
serjical strike is right.

I have tested to insure that 1/2 tbs maintains about 2-3ppm free chlorine and the 2 tbs raises it to over 10ppm, probably closer to 20ppm for the shock.

This seems right for my tub, but your tub most certainly would be different than mine (size and use create different chlorine demands), you should read the FAQ, both Northman and Vermonter are pretty complete on this subject.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 06:54:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42