What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Sundance Dealer  (Read 18533 times)

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: My Sundance Dealer
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2005, 12:22:45 pm »
Just let me know how their relationship has been with this dealer.  What they train their dealership to say or do.  I want to know if the dealership is being consistent with the way Sundance wants theirselves represented.
When you only have one dealership in a city this size, one dealership can affect a lot of people easily.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2005, 12:22:45 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2005, 12:58:21 pm »
Sorry, I was replying to Freds post.  I wanted to see what his issues were and why Sundance gave him an "Oh well" response.  

freddortort

• waiting..waiting..waiting..waiting
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2005, 01:01:01 pm »
I wanted to buy the tub from a dealer just 30 minutes from my home.  Even though the price was slightly HIGHER I would have preferred that dealer rather than the dealer 10 minutes away.  Sundance gave me the "that's the way it is" too bad speech.

I was ready to plunk down over 8000 bucks.  I guess they think that's trivial (chump) money

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2005, 06:12:58 pm »
Anybody else having problems with Sundance?

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2005, 07:13:43 pm »
  Nope, not one.
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2005, 08:17:02 am »
My issue was not with Sundance, but with the dealer, HOM.

I got jerked around at the sales rep level. When I navigated up the food chain my issue was resolved........and then some.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2005, 08:55:31 am »
Can you expand on that AlwaysPerky?  What city are you in?  What did you end up with?  How high up the food chain?  What did you say or have to do?

alwaysperky

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2005, 11:02:32 am »
Mpls, MN

The sales guy sold me an 04 Optima. He really wanted to move it.  I repeatedly asked, "is this a brand new spa?"  YES, YES, YES.  "Can I go see it in the warehouse?"  NO! "You are sure this is new?"  YES! "Why is it sitting the warehouse?  Why aren't you trying to sell it in the tent sale?"  "I don't know?"

Spa was delivered when I was at work.  Got home with electrician started install...................long story short.  The tub was a busted up floor model that didn't work. Sales guy promised and promised he'd take care of me.  Yet a week went buy without a proactive call back from him.

I called the sales director on his cell phone.  He seemed interested in resolving the issue.  He asked what he could do.  I stated I wasn't sure he could do anything but to come take it away.  "If this is how you treat new customers, I hate to think of how I'd be treated down the road."  I suggested he come up with another solution.  With in 45 minutes his solution was to deliver an 05 for the same price, with extra chemicals, and $100 in store credit.  The new tub was delivered and set up with-in two weeks.

About 3 days after we agreed on the solution, the sales guy called to tell me that he thought he could get the service team to replace and fix everything that was wrong on the original tub.  I didn't call him back.

What started out as a total disappointment ended up being probably the best deal I ever got.  He could have just cut his losses with me, but instead retained a HOM and Sundance customer.

My family, friends and neighbors know what happened and there's been at least two Sundance Spa's purchased as a result of how I was treated in the end.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2005, 11:12:45 am »
I cannot believe the turn over in spa dealers in the Minneapolis area they pop up for a bit and before you know it they are dropping brands and picking new ones. It was amazing to see the short business span of dealers there.
-SpaMan~

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2005, 05:47:40 pm »
At least the Sundance dealer in StL was upfront about pushing "scratch and dents" which in itself was a turnoff because that wasn't what I was inquiring about.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2005, 12:03:01 am »
That's funny that the salesguy had no idea what was going on.  And then of course never called back to check on you again!  Is the sales director someone from the Sundance company or from the dealership?

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2005, 12:03:24 am »
Very unethical, but it worked out in the end for you.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2005, 11:58:48 am »
I would call the sales guy back and take him up on his offer! See how far he gets before he realizes his goof up.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2005, 09:43:34 pm »
Guzz that would be funny!

alwaysperky

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2005, 04:56:24 am »
He's a HOM employee.

I've tried to imagine why anyone would do that on purpose.  I've come up with two ideas

1.) He really didn't know
2.) He'd make a lot of $ on the deal

Water under the bridge and besides I'm too relaxed to push it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2005, 04:56:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42