What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Sundance Dealer  (Read 18532 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: My Sundance Dealer
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 08:29:37 am »
The problem with guaranteeing "Excellent Service" is that there isn't any way to quantify it.  You can guarantee parts, labor, and even put a time standard on getting to service calls, but you can't guarantee "Excellent".  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 08:29:37 am »

Soakin

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 11:14:20 am »
Any suggestions on what to do next?
Based on your side of the story, I can understand your being upset, but you need to take a step back, breath and answer this question:  other than being upset over the lack of communication, why are you unwilling to take delivery on something you wanted enough to put a large deposit on and wait patiently for?

Since you put the deposit on a credit card, contact your card company and see if they will help.  They can put the transaction in dispute, which will force the dealer to respond.   J McD has a point, however.  You will need to be able to explain why you ordered one tub, didn't put a deposit on it, so it was cancelled (or so you thought) -- ordered a second tub, put a 3X larger deposit on it, never received paperwork, didn't follow up for two months, and now want to cancel.

You and the dealer need to sit down and try to be fair with each other.  Given that this is the second time you have ordered a tub, only to end up cancelling both times, the dealer probably is just as upset as you are.  Nonetheless, if you haven't taken delivery of the tub, and it is not a special order, I would think that most of the $1500 should come back.  Remember, the dealer did incur shipping costs to bring this tub in, based on your commitment, evidenced by your deposit, so getting it all back wouldn't be fair either.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 11:26:41 pm »
His sales people said it was just to hold the tub.  His salespeople said that the other tub was cancelled.  His salespeople did not return repeated calls.  His salesperson signed my name on a contract.  The other salesperson took my credit card number off another slip and added it to her sale after I was told it was cancelled.  

I have a hard time doing business with this dealer when everyone on this board says how important it is to get along with your dealer.   How important it is that your dealer is fair and ethical.  

The owner says that I signed the contract.  He had no explanation for who signed it since we put a hold on the tub over the phone.  I had no idea that there was even a contract.  And then it was never even mailed to me.  After calling the store for a week everyday I quit calling them.  I figured it would be no problem for them to give me my money back when they wouldn't even return calls.  

All hot tub owners and salespeople, please call your customers and return their phone calls.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 08:56:27 am »
Given the ethics of the dealer are suspect, I would vote to continue to work to cancel everything and get all my money back and go find another brand.  Although Sundance seems to make a fine spa and Sundance itself is not the issue, I'm not sure I could ever trust that dealer to perform proper or timely service should it be required.

Soakin

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 10:21:59 am »
His sales people said it was just to hold the tub.  His salespeople said that the other tub was cancelled.  His salespeople did not return repeated calls.  His salesperson signed my name on a contract.  The other salesperson took my credit card number off another slip and added it to her sale after I was told it was cancelled.
Start with your credit card company.  That will be the quickest way to get the money back in your pocket instead of theirs.  Sundance would probably like to know about this dealer's behavior as well, and may be able to help you reach a resolution.  Finally, with the info you just posted regarding unauthorized signatures and credit card numbers, you probably do have criminal and civil court remedies available.  Good luck and keep us posted.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Doesn't any one watch Judge Judy Anymore?
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 10:35:27 am »
How do you fork over $1500 without anything in writing?  You sat back for 2 months without any comunication? this amazes me.  wow.

The owner claims they have 2 signed contracts by you? That also sounds fishy.

Some one is lying.

If it's you. then work it out and fufill your obligations you agreeded to. If the dealer is pulling a fast one, or is run by incompetents, then call the credit card company imedientlly.

:o
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 10:39:21 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2005, 08:37:23 am »
I think the main point coming from this discussion is that you either need to go to the dealer in person and work this out with them, or call your credit card company and try to get it worked out that way.  Obviously doing things over the phone with the dealer isn't working.  

The readers of this board are only getting your side of the story.  Although your side may be totally correct, I don't think I am the only one that feels there are a lot of details being left out, intentionally or not.  

Rogie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005, 09:13:09 am »
Call your credit card company and let them know you would like to "disbute" this payment.  Let them know your situation.

lotsa luck!

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 10:53:58 pm »
I called the credit card company and they are going to refund the charge.  I still plan to drive 50 minutes to the
dealers and get the "alleged signed" contract.  
I really want to know who signed my name.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 12:12:49 am »
Very strange story.  Sounds very fishy to me.  Good luck with your quest.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Anglia67

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2005, 08:42:41 am »
What is a reasonable deposit that you should be expected to leave when purchasing a Spa?
If a dealer is ordering the Spa for you?
If the dealer has one in stock?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2005, 08:52:06 am »

If you stick around long enough, you will hear bad stories about EVERY manufacturer there is.  

Very True.   Here in Columbus, Ohio the Sundance dealer/Jacuzzi dealer has been around a long time with lots of satisfied customers.   The same with the Hot Springs/Cal dealer.  Then there is the Master Spa dealer, who never participates in shows  ;) and is known around town for thier pink trucks, they have been around forever with lots of satisfied customers.
On the other hand, the Dynasty Dealer had been around a long time with a good reputation, but that went away pretty quickly.  Tough business world these days.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 08:56:23 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2005, 08:54:16 am »
I called the credit card company and they are going to refund the charge.  I still plan to drive 50 minutes to the
dealers and get the "alleged signed" contract.  
I really want to know who signed my name.

I'm betting they can't produce if if you show up and ask for it.  (I haven't read all the way down in this subject yet  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2005, 04:13:54 pm »
You are right.  Yesterday I drove to the dealers and of course the owner was not there.  All I could do was get a copy of both contracts.  The real contract did not have my name signed on it.  The first contract that did not have my credit card info on it somehow did have my credit card info on it now.

The salesperson did ask me why I didn't ask for her the second time I came in.  So this let me know the second salesperson tried to hide this from the first salesperson and the owner.  I saw the second salesperson and he hid in the backroom while I was in the store.  

The salesperson said that I had to come back and talk to the owner or she could set up delivery for me right away.  She also guaranteed great service after the sale.
She let me know that I didn't have to deal with salespeople or the owner ever again, the service department is a different section of the company.  That REALLY provided me with a sense of relief.  

At no point has anyone ever apologized or said that they have made a mistake.

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2005, 05:22:01 pm »
Wow!! :oThis is one of the better topics I've seen in a while guys...and boy is it a mystery?!

I'm sorry things didn't turn out so well for you. Not one but two spas, forged signatures, bad contracting, whoa...where do you live guy?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2005, 05:22:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42