What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Shopping  (Read 13361 times)

skylark350

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot Tub Shopping
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:10:46 pm »
I have sort of (still open to suggestions) narrowed my focus to the D 1 Chairman II and the HS Envoy. Also saw  the Master LSX but not as interested yet.

I plan on wet testing at HS on Saturday but the Vista is filled not the Envoy. The lounge and therapy seat look very similar but the Vista has 2.5 HP pumps vs Envoy at 2.0HP. Will a soak in the Vista be similar enough to the Envoy to judge?

Thanks for your advise.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Shopping
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:10:46 pm »

jdheffer

Re: Hot Tub Shopping
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:26:24 pm »
We tested the Chairman II and the HS Grandee.  I would not buy the HS without testing the tub that you are interested in.  We wanted to test the HS Grandee HP, but they only had the old Grandee filled.  We didn't buy from them.  

We also liked the new D1 Californian, but ended up buying the Marquis Epic.  Since you are "still open to suggestions", I would suggest looking at the Marquis'.  They are very nice!

Mine should arrive in two weeks, I can't wait!!

Good luck, you are on the right path with wet testing!  Don't buy without testing all that you are interested in.

skylark350

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:40:42 pm »
jd

Thanks for the advise.

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 09:18:26 pm »
I, too, am a Marquis Epic owner.  Just got ours delivered on Saturday.  We LOVE IT!!  I highly recommend it.

We also wet tested the HS Vista, Sovereign, & Envoy.  All 3 of those spas feel differently.  I would not buy any spa without being able to wet test it.  If you're interested in the Envoy...wet test it.  It is absolutely not the same as the Vista.  Of the 3 HS we tested, we liked the Envoy the best.

I agree with jdheffer...if you're still looking, put Marquis on your list.  The Epic is truly an excellent spa.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 09:21:04 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 11:54:05 pm »
but the Vista has 2.5 HP pumps vs Envoy at 2.0HP. Will a soak in the Vista be similar enough to the Envoy to judge?

I can't say but there is one misconception people sometimes have. Many would assume the spa with the 2.5 hp pumps would have stronger jets by definition. However, when 2 spas are from the same series often the larger one also has more jets which is largely why it also has more hp but the gpm per jet is probably similar. Wet testing will clear up many of your questions.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 09:51:14 am »
Skylark, Spatech is right about the feel of the jets, they will be the same pressure.

The difference in the way the Vista and Envoy sit is in regards to the captain's seat.  In the Envoy, it is positioned in line with the huge foot jet.  This will give you a direct, forceful foot and leg massage.  In the Vista, the captain's chair is at an angle to the foot jet.  I don't like this as it pushes me sideways (I weigh 250) and is not as comfortable to me as the Envoy.

I sell 7 Envoys to every Vista in my store.

Good luck with whatever spa you choose.  For the most part, you are looking at very nice brands.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

skylark350

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 08:25:30 pm »
Terminator,

Thank you for responding to my post.

It's a real difficult choice. I need to do wet testing.

The master LSX seats looked interesting, however to me (and I'm no engineer) the fit and finish of the HS and D1 seemed superior.

I have also now seen the Epic which is also made nicely and has its following however there seems to be a difference in opinior re the tri  zone ... and the fact that all jets aren't on at the same time ...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 08:53:59 pm »
Terminator,

The master LSX seats looked interesting, however to me (and I'm no engineer) the fit and finish of the HS and D1 seemed superior.

A friend owns the LSX and it is a comfortable tub.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 09:19:05 pm »
Terminator,

I have also now seen the Epic which is also made nicely and has its following however there seems to be a difference in opinior re the tri  zone ... and the fact that all jets aren't on at the same time ...

Look at the whole story.....there is no magic in making a spa most all run off 50 or a lesser number 60 amps of juice ....which means they will run only so much equipment ....no matter what tales you may be told all makers will all push ABOUT the same amount of horse power as 50 or 60 amps will limit what you can run along with your heater, a few makers do add the extra pump but  do so at the expense of running the heater while having all 3 THERAPY pumps running. What this means is that if you want every jet to run you than have 2 choices take away jets or make them smaller to cerate more pressure .......Most makers use a divert valve these are 2 way valves, Marquis using a 3 way valve which they hold a paten on, it allows them to add more jets while increasing the water flow of these jets. The mistake that some people make and what some of the competitors do, is to tell customers is that you can not have all the jets running at once in a Marquis BUT what they leave out IS you can have all the seats running at once as a example the deep therapy seat in the Epic has a total of 13 not counting neck jets and the smallest of these jets are rated for 20 gallons of water per minute you also have the HK 40 jets that are 40 GPM...with out the tri zone and the ability to move the water within the seat you could never have that many jets or these high flow type of jets. The Epic or any Marquis may not be the spa that fits YOU best but not discount it because of not running all the jets at once, their entry level spas do can do that if you want.

jdheffer

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 09:31:24 pm »

Skylark, I just want to add to what Mendocino101 had to say about the Marquis.  I too shy'd away from the Marquis at first because I thought I wanted to a tub that you could have all jets on at the same time.  After testing the Marquis and the other tubs we were looking at (HS & D1), we realized it wasn't that big of a deal.  The fit and therapy of the Marquis Epic was way superior for us.  We did go back and re-tested the Marquis again and found out that you could have 5 of the 6 seats in the epic on at the same time.  If you split the tri-zone you can even get all 6 seats on with additional jets (not full strength of course).

jdheffer

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 09:33:23 pm »

Skylark, I just want to add to what Mendocino101 had to say about the Marquis.  I too shy'd away from the Marquis at first because I thought I wanted to a tub that you could have all jets on at the same time.  After testing the Marquis and the other tubs we were looking at (HS & D1), we realized it wasn't that big of a deal.  The fit and therapy of the Marquis Epic was way superior "for us".  We did go back and re-tested the Marquis again and found out that you could have 5 of the 6 seats in the epic on at the same time.  If you split the tri-zone you can even get all 6 seats on with additional jets (not full strength of course).

Give a Marquis a wet test before you buy, it's worth a try.

skylark350

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 09:34:47 pm »
Thanks all I guess I have to test soak all the tubs to really decide.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 09:26:46 am »
sky,
I'm a very happy LSX owner.  Please read my review at the review section here for more details.  It's been in service since 7/11/04 and has been issue free.

The fit and finish of the LSX is very nice and is in no way inferior to other brands.

That being said, I think you are looking at some excellent tub choices.  The difference will be in the wet test.  I didn't have the opportunity to test the Epic or the D1 but I did test the Envoy and the Vista when I was shopping.  I just felt the LSX to be the best therapy for me at the best price at the time.  Your job is to wet test, cut the best deal you can (not the least expensive but the best) and get a good feel for your retailer.  Good luck and let me know if you would like any other info regarding the LSX.  8)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 09:28:26 am by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

skylark350

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 08:44:09 pm »
Windsurfdog

I will definitely wet test the LSX.

Boy, picking the right tub is stressful (and a lot of $$$).
I just want to be happy with the purchase and destress!!!

Thanks

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 12:15:07 am »
Windsurfdog

I will definitely wet test the LSX.

Boy, picking the right tub is stressful (and a lot of $$$).
 I just want to be happy with the purchase and destress!!!

Thanks

Don't let it stress you out.  Do some wet testing and have fun in the process.  After checking out a few, you'll probably be surprised how easy the decision comes.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 12:15:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42