What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospa  (Read 7879 times)

PaShopper

Thermospa
« on: November 03, 2005, 06:41:30 pm »
I am in the market for a spa! It is a daunting task!
Lots of players!  Any feedback on Thermospa!  I am looking at the Concord??

Help?

Hot Tub Forum

Thermospa
« on: November 03, 2005, 06:41:30 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Thermospa
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 06:53:32 pm »
Very few TS owners here, but use the search feature and look back a year or two.  

I assume your in PA, where? Looks like the Pittsburgh area?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 06:56:22 pm by admin »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

PaShopper

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 07:39:18 pm »
Thanks..we are in Pittsburgh area! I will check back a bit as you suggested!

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 10:30:12 pm »
Interesting. Thermo Spas originally developed their in-home sales program, at a dealership in Pittsburgh, Pa. This dealer sold 400 spas the first year, with the in-home sales presentation, with absolutely no showroom. That was back in 1991. Shortly, afterwards Thermo Spas began eliminating retail dealerships one by one and began their infomercial push and sold spas directly to the public, at the kitchen table. It is a move that has made the TS Owner a very wealthy man. Today they sell about 10,000 spas a year, using the same method, infomercials on TV, customer calls 800 number, the telemarketers, push for a in-home appointment and then the high pressure sales person shows up and goes for the kill. Are the spas the best? No. Are they the worst? No. They are a fairly average quality spa. Are the factory direct to the public prices low? No. Not by a long shot. For a similar equipped spa from a competing brand sold locally from a dealer, Thermo typically sells for about $1500-2000 more. Can you wet test? No. Unless you are willing to drive to the factory in Connecticut. Do they have a local service tech, to support you from your  area? In some cases yes and in most no. In the North East States, from Maryland to Maine, they have a factory service tech, living in and supporting a regional market, usually an entire state. Service is scheduled geographically, so you may get serviced quickly, if you area is due or longer, if your area is not scheduled. For some folks the kitchen table sale, works for them, For most people, they want to see, touch and feel the spas. Meet their dealer/service company in person. Most people shopping for a higher end spa $6000-12,000, want to wet test, just as they would if they were buying a car. And after finding the right spa, they want a to puchase from a dealer, that will provide them with prompt and professional service. Goodluck in your search and enjoy the hot water. Dave.

drprwnap

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 10:34:23 am »
I am in the market for a spa! It is a daunting task!
Lots of players!  Any feedback on Thermospa!  I am looking at the Concord??

Help?

Do you know anyone who owns a Concord?  If you do, see if you can wet test the spa. I would NOT buy a spa without wet testing.  Check out some local dealers. Marquis, Hot Spring, D1, Sundance are a few that come to mind.  There are many other good brands out there. My point is WET TEST!! Also, dealer support is just as important as the tub itself.  Where can you go for help/support for the Thermospa??
After months of looking, I decided on a Marqis Epic.  It fit us the best of any we wet tested.  
The best spa is the one that fits YOU.
Good luck

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 10:42:08 am »
I agree with what's been said.  Spas feel very differently wet and more so one from another.  We looked at all the major brands and wet tested each of them.  

Yes, it's true that any hot water feels good but when you're spending $10,000+ you want the hot-tub that is going to fit you the best.  You can't tell that from siting in a dry tub.

Wet test, wet test.
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 11:02:49 am »
Do yourself a favor, IF you want to have the Thermospa person over to your house for their presentation do so AFTER you've already visited the dealers in your area that sell premium spas. I doubt they sell to many people who've visited a dealer beforehand. In fact, I'll bet they do their best to talk to you as soon as they get your number and rush an appointment in place because they know if you visit a dealer and realize you can get more for less and still have a local dealer it's a death blow to their presentation.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 11:34:31 am »
Very good, informative posts from NJDave and Spatech t.u.o.  It would be a very wise move to study what these two fellas wrote.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 07:59:45 pm »
Just wanted to let you know that I purchased a Thermospa concord elite and have been on pins and needles ever since.  Why?  I found and read this entire forum.  My tub delivery is set to be on Dec. 6th about a month from now.  I do know three people in my area that have a Thermospa and seem quite happy with their purchases.  I have wet test all three and they seem to be good tubs.  They all have had to have service at least one time, but said they were promptly taken care  and were pleased with the service they received.   I myself am very apprehensive about my expenxive purchase after finding and reading the post about thermosspa on this forum.   I also agree that the Thermospa is very over priced, when compared to others.  It s does seem to be a quality tub,  but I don't think its as superior as the salesmen make it out to be.  I did talk to three thermospa owners before I purchased one, but they might have been as stupid as me as far as hot tub knowledge is concerned.  I went  on blind faith with their opinions.   There is no way out of my Thermospa deal now so I am just hoping for the best.  If you do decide to go Thermospa,  it would interesting to compare notes on delivery, customer service and generally just how you were treated.  If you wish to do so....just reply to my reply.    

NJDave

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 11:43:39 pm »
Teach,
I wish you luck with your new hot tub. Soon  it will arrive and you will be enjoying the hot water. It will work out. Besides, you will get plenty of support from the many fine folks on this forum. Let us know how your experince goes. Dave.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 11:05:34 am »
Teach,

You seem to have your head on straight and went in with your eyes open. We will look forward to hearing how it goes and hope you check back.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 11:48:52 am »
My Thermospa experience-

I called from an ad I saw and they promply sent out a representative to my home, the gentleman presented his product very well describing every jet and its function told me about his warranties all the while trying to qualify me to the proper tub for my family, finally after and hour and 20 minutes I caved and said ok I think this is the model for us. He said ok that tubs sells for $10,200  I gasped and said whoa thats toomuch for me to afford even with your finance options, after pushing him to the door the salesman makes a phone call to the boss (could have been his bookie for all I know)
"Good News we have that model in stock that was a cancellation as the customer who baught it upgraded his order so they need to move the spa" I can get you that tub for $6,400 wow you better jump on this deal now as we have other people in the field and it wont last." I kindly said "so because its already made the value has already decreased almost 4k?" Wow they depreciate fast but we will have to talk it over." Thanks anyway. ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:51:55 am by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 11:52:19 am »
Teach,

I'm sure you will be ok but it sounds like you would like to start over.  Why can't you cancel the order if it's not to arrive by December 4th?  I'm assuming they have some kind of aggresive contract that you must sign at the kitchen table?  Don't they have a cancelation policy?

Just wanted to let you know that I purchased a Thermospa concord elite and have been on pins and needles ever since.  Why?  I found and read this entire forum.  My tub delivery is set to be on Dec. 6th about a month from now.  I do know three people in my area that have a Thermospa and seem quite happy with their purchases.  I have wet test all three and they seem to be good tubs.  They all have had to have service at least one time, but said they were promptly taken care  and were pleased with the service they received.   I myself am very apprehensive about my expenxive purchase after finding and reading the post about thermosspa on this forum.   I also agree that the Thermospa is very over priced, when compared to others.  It s does seem to be a quality tub,  but I don't think its as superior as the salesmen make it out to be.  I did talk to three thermospa owners before I purchased one, but they might have been as stupid as me as far as hot tub knowledge is concerned.  I went  on blind faith with their opinions.   There is no way out of my Thermospa deal now so I am just hoping for the best.  If you do decide to go Thermospa,  it would interesting to compare notes on delivery, customer service and generally just how you were treated.  If you wish to do so....just reply to my reply.    

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

NJDave

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 06:23:16 pm »
For a "In-Home" Purchase, the consumer has a 3 day right to cancel. That is 3 business days, after the date of purchase. Dave.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 10:28:44 pm »
For a "In-Home" Purchase, the consumer has a 3 day right to cancel. That is 3 business days, after the date of purchase. Dave.

Wow, what a scam.  It makes me ill thinking about it.  I'm on the other side of the fence.  It takes me two years to research a toaster.  I can't imagine buying a spa from someone who knocks on my front door.  
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 10:28:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42