What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Green tinted water  (Read 54304 times)

stan1

Re: Green tinted water
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 04:55:51 pm »
i have owned my spa, for over 3 years all i use is a product called ezspa and good old pool shock. my water is crystal clear all the time. i also wash my filters quite often.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 04:55:51 pm »

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2005, 06:03:18 pm »
Could it be the led light stuck on the green phase? ;D

sunnydee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2005, 06:20:28 pm »
Orlando, I wish I could blame it on the green LED light, THAT would be easy! Anyway, my son is soaking right now. Not even noticable at night with the different color lights on. Hopefully we're not all put on antibiotics on Monday...lol.  :o

rottweiler

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005, 08:43:22 pm »
In St. Louis you can't tell the water is green until you fill up a whole tub.  Then it is slightly green and I discovered that is what I was drinking and showering in.  The strangest part is we have great tasting water from the tap!  When I visit the folks in florida their water tastes terrible but it is clear!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 09:51:38 pm »
When changing out the water for our tub, I consistly notice that the fresh water coming out of the hose has a subtle greenish hint to it. I researched this phenomenon a little and discovered that the area in which our city draws its water (fresh water lake) has been showing accelerated amounts of algae.

Thus the water, while safe to drink, comes with a slight hint of green. This phenonena is seen less in our parts in the fall/winter as opposed to the summer.

As for treatment - we just maintain our water as per usual. The greenish-hint slowly dissappears.

Hope this helps.

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

sunnydee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 11:32:44 pm »
Thanks JC. Enjoyed a lovely soak with friends tonite. Didn't even think about "green".  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 11:32:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42