What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Waterproof phone  (Read 7857 times)

rottweiler

Waterproof phone
« on: November 01, 2005, 11:36:27 pm »
Has anyone seen a waterproof portable phone that works well in the hot tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Waterproof phone
« on: November 01, 2005, 11:36:27 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Waterproof phone
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 12:07:57 am »
I don't know anything about this, but I came accross this one... its cheap enough, with free shipping it would probably be worth trying.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DC3S5/102-1455566-1895330?v=glance&n=172282&n=507846&s=electronics&v=glance

I found it on another site for $65, so that appears to be a good deal if its not crap.

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 12:13:15 am »
Looks like it might work.  One of the features is waterproof specs.  
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 12:16:20 am by OKC »

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:18:06 am »
I think its a smarter idea than taking the regular portable out to the spa like my parents do every day. I wouldn't let the kids play with it in the spa or purposefully have it floating in the pool, but thats JMO.

I just noticed there are 16 reviews of the phone on that link... so those might be helpful for you.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 12:33:09 am by Brookenstein »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 05:24:13 am »
A baggie.
Retired

Ronnie526

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 06:26:57 am »
My $.02 worth? .... I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any such "ringing/talking devices" while soaking ...  ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 07:52:43 am »
My $.02 worth? .... I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any such "ringing/talking devices" while soaking ...  ;)

I knew someone had to say it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 08:12:43 am »
The hour or so I soak in the spa, I can be without the phone.  That's why we have voice mail.

Brewman

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 08:26:09 am »
We never have the phone, with us at the tub. Great company and conversation, and we dont even miss a thing. I would suggest an answering machine or voice mail as your best bet.

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 07:19:39 pm »
I agree with the voice mail /answering machine taking the calls while you're enjoying the tub, but for the times I am expecting an important call, etc. that just can't wait, I have that exact phone, the yellow Uniden.  I purchased mine at our local Lowe's home improvement store and I've been very happy with it.  I have it hooked up in the kitchen right at the back door so I can grab it on the way out to the tub if I need to.
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 07:44:39 pm »
I agree with the voice mail /answering machine taking the calls while you're enjoying the tub, but for the times I am expecting an important call, etc. that just can't wait, I have that exact phone, the yellow Uniden.  I purchased mine at our local Lowe's home improvement store and I've been very happy with it.  I have it hooked up in the kitchen right at the back door so I can grab it on the way out to the tub if I need to.

Thank you! This is a pet peeve with me.  Cell and cordless home phones are something that people can feel they can criticize without fear.  99% of the time I don't take mine to the tub, but if I would have to miss a call rather than soak I take the phone and leave it in the pocket of my robe on the nearby hanger with the ringer up loud.

I'm sensitive to the subject because A I always use my cell responsibly and B,  when my wife's mom (a great lady) was dieing of colon cancer (lingered a long time) my wife told me to go golfing and she would call me if she needed me.  We were paired up with a couple of stereotypical middle aged golfers.  My cell rang, I answered and Gina told me her mom had slipped dramatically.  I told my friend that my wife had called when the fat SOB spoke up and said "My wife knows better than to call me on the golf course" and he rolled his eyes.   I got up in his face, and asked him why I should give a excrement what an ignorant rectum thinks about when my wife calls.  My friend later told me my driver was held in a menacing manner, but I don't remember that  ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 07:46:13 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 10:18:38 pm »
Cell phones and cordless phones to a lesser extent are great for appropriate conversations at appropriate times. I agree that IF something is that important by all means take one with you and if need be talk. I know if I go out to soak and either one of my children are out I will have both cell and cordless there, just in case!

But there's no reason to hear about a person's sex life or vasectomy while waiting at a deli counter, that's something that can wait at least until the privacy of that person's car.

I don't have a waterproof cordless, I do as others have said - put it in a robe pocket or lay it out on a chair next to the tub.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 10:56:06 pm »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 11:14:44 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 07:41:29 am »
Radio Shack's Cordless Submersible
This seems to be the same phone except it has the Radio Shack label, it's in blue and at $29.99, it's cheaper! ::)

I have this one at home and it works great.
I keep it just inside the door and take it out with me if I'm expecting an important call. Otherwise, that's what the answer machine is for!
NOTE: If this phone has been floating in the water, shake the water off of it first before answering. Water in the mic area does affect how well someone can hear you! We learned this lesson thanks to my 12 year old. ;)

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Bosmani

• lifes to short to drink cheap wine
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 10:21:40 am »
My Nokia did not like my tub. Fell in to the bottom and retrieved quickly. The read-out froze and looked bad. Took out the sim card, dried everything off with a hair dryer and switched back on..........It worked........amazing!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 10:21:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42