What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artisian vs Hot Spring  (Read 13262 times)

salesdvl

Re: Artisian vs Hot Spring
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 10:36:02 am »
:-[ :-[ :-[McDonald's sells tons of burgers because they are CHEAP and they put little toys in the bag.  HotSpring sells tons of spas yet they are very EXPENSIVE.
Terminator

Who ever said you had be smart to be wealthy?   ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 06:30:07 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 10:36:02 am »

lilly

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2005, 10:56:43 am »
Wow!  After my posts yesterday I logged off and haven't kept up with all the helpful information that everyone gave me!  I really appreciate it!
As to people getting upset about the "sales pitches" I PERSONALLY don't mind.  Hearing from lot's of salespeople as well as the owners of spas gives you a ton of information to make a decision on.
I am still torn and I am not really comfortable getting into a spa on the salesfloor to try it out.
Also, both dealers have been around for years (I think) but one of them has alot more locations...if that makes any difference?  If anyone else has anything to help aid my decision I would really appreciate it!  Thanks...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2005, 11:02:16 am »
Wow!  After my posts yesterday I logged off and haven't kept up with all the helpful information that everyone gave me!  I really appreciate it!
As to people getting upset about the "sales pitches" I PERSONALLY don't mind.  Hearing from lot's of salespeople as well as the owners of spas gives you a ton of information to make a decision on.
I am still torn and I am not really comfortable getting into a spa on the salesfloor to try it out.
Also, both dealers have been around for years (I think) but one of them has alot more locations...if that makes any difference?  If anyone else has anything to help aid my decision I would really appreciate it!  Thanks...

Lilly, many stores have a private area, or will be willing to acomodate you after hours, so that people are not walking in.   Wet Testing is very common and you shouldn't feel uncomfortable.  But everyone has different comfort zones.  However, I would give it serious considerstion to wet testing as  the jets on these two tubs are significantly different and could help you make up your mind.

:)
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2005, 11:24:48 am »
Yes, drewstar makes a good point in that most spa dealers should have a private area where you can try the spas out in comfort.  Our stores have private rooms with a selection of 5 spas available to you.  If you want to try a spa that's not in the mood room, we will meet you after hours so that you can have privacy.  That's how we do it, anyway.

Terminator
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 11:25:17 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2005, 11:51:58 am »

Who ever said you smart to be wealthy?   ;)

Evidently someone with poor grammar skills.  They were probably very wealthy. ;D

Terminator

salesdvl

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2005, 12:39:47 pm »
Touche'.  I rewrote it a couple of times and mistyped it afterall.  

How 'bout:  "Ya aint gotta have no book learnin to be rich."  

Thats how they'd say it back in Kentucky where my folks are from.
Measure once, cut twice.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2005, 02:24:18 pm »
Touche'.  I rewrote it a couple of times and mistyped it afterall.  

How 'bout:  "Ya aint gotta have no book learnin to be rich."  

Thats how they'd say it back in Kentucky where my folks are from.

My ol' Pappy's favorite words of wisdom were "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."  He was right.

Terminator

hymbaw

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2005, 03:39:28 pm »
In case you didn't notice, I said "I THINK the foam issue is"

Lilly said the HS dealer said they have "better" foam. Universally true or not, I would bet that is what he was pitching.

HS uses 100% closed cell foam.

It odd that nowhere on Artesians web site or in there brochure they mention "closed cell"

Sundance doesn't mention it either. Why, because they use a combination of closed and open cell foam. To pitch our "closed cell foam" would be deceptive because a good portion is open cell.

So , if I was "pitching" I was pitching against my own horse. Which Terminator so graciously pointed out, wasn't in this race!!!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2005, 04:02:43 pm »
Lilly - I can fully understand your reluctance to wet test. Despite the fact that it is undoubtedly the best way to determine which spa is best for you, few of us are comfortable with the thought of standing around a show room in our bathing suit. As a few others have mentioned most dealers either have privacy rooms or will let you wet test after hours, which does take away much of the anxiety. To push the concept even further you should do a round of wet testing, narrow down your list, and the wet test some more. If you'd like to read up on taking this line to an extreme search out some of duffmans threads. Even after wet testing you may still be undecided as to which is best for you. I've read many posts along these lines, "I liked the seating in tub A best, but the jets were better in tub B, while tub C was almost as good as A & B but cost $1000.00 less" The point is that for many there will be no perfect tub that has every thing exactly how we want it. Accept that there will be trade offs and decide which are more important to you. Now that I have championed wet testing to a degree, I'll be honest with you and let you know that the only tub I wet tested was the Artesian. I dry tested the HS and Calderas, but when I asked about wet testing, I got the impression I was somehow putting the dealer out. I'm not much of a shopper, and it doesn't take much to put me off. Would it have been in my best interest to wet test the HS, and possibly some others along with the Artesian. Definitely, and if the HS dealer had been someone like Term, I might be sitting in a Grandee right now (well I don't actually mean right now, I don't think even HS has the option to use a computer while your in the tub  ::) ). I'm more comfortable doing some research, finding what I want and going for it, the idea of spending countless weeks agonizing over little details is just not for me. There may have been a better tub out there for me, but I'm perfectly happy with the one I chose. After all were are buying these things to relax, not to get stressed out over.

Term - if you in any way took my comments as bashing, I do apologize for they were not meant that way. My report card in Kindergarten said I don't always play well with other children, and then there were those years in the Marine Corps...well you get the idea. You are most definitely an asset to this board and I enjoy reading your posts. I'll agree that you are one of the more restrained dealers on the board, never hiding the fact that you are in fact a dealer, while not coming on to strong with the sales pitch either.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2005, 04:28:32 pm »
Oh for Heaven's sake Bob, no way did I take anything personally. :)  This is all fun and games.  I'm sorry if I offended you (or anyone) on here.  I truly do try to have a good time on this forum, I think it is a great place full of great people looking to help each other out.  I want everyone to enjoy themselves as I have always felt the calling to be hospitable to people.

I consider you a great asset to this board my friend.  You share your experiences as an owner, something I can't do.  Please don't ever worry about hurting my feelings or me taking something the wrong way.  I'm thick headed and thick skinned. :D

Terminator

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2005, 04:39:41 pm »
I feel another group hug coming on! ;)

salesdvl

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2005, 06:29:09 pm »
Oh for Heaven's sake Bob.....Terminator

Oh for Heaven's sake...     Who says that???  (besides you & my Grandma)   ;D   ;D  
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2005, 11:00:30 pm »

Oh for Heaven's sake...     Who says that???  (besides you & my Grandma)   ;D   ;D  

Maybe he IS your Grandma ... ever hear of cross dressing! ;D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2005, 09:44:23 am »

Maybe he IS your Grandma ... ever hear of cross dressing! ;D

Nope, I'm his Daddy.  And Rayman's, too!

Terminator

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 03:10:04 pm »
My ol' Pappy's favorite words of wisdom were "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."  He was right.

Terminator

I have always liked the saying from Jossie Wales "Senator don't pi$$ down my back and try to tell me its raining"

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 03:10:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42