What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: So I pulled the trigger on the Epic........  (Read 2578 times)

Devildawg

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
So I pulled the trigger on the Epic........
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:32:41 pm »
After weeks and weeks of research and wet testing I went down tonight and orderd the Epic.My wife really wanted a air pump but the Epic has so many other nice features we decided we could live without.

I guess my only complaint was the 6 week wait,is that normal?seems like a long time to wait I could choose a special order car and get it sooner than than 6 weeks

Hot Tub Forum

So I pulled the trigger on the Epic........
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:32:41 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: So I pulled the trigger on the Epic........
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 11:36:57 pm »
You're going to own the spa for many years.  Even a few months after you start soaking, you'll forget about the wait.  
Brewman

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 12:22:55 am »
There's a ton of folks here who love their Epic.  I doubt you'll regret the purchase or remember the wait once you get it.  We waited three weeks and it seemed like an eternity.  Once it got here it all became a distant memory.  On the bright side if you don't have your electric run or surface prepped, it will give you plenty of time to get it done.  Congrats on your selection.  

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 01:47:53 am »
You will be so happy with your Epic,  We LOVE ours!  If you paid 7800 you got an awesome deal!  Here in Minnesota, we paid just under 9500. including tax and the standard extras.  And that was AFTER talking him down to the "State Fair" price (2 weeks after the State Fair was over) and being a second time buyer from them!  (No Rubber Ducky for the second purchase either!)

We got our tub only 3 days after we ordered, but that was because we had a damaging storm about a week prior and the customer who's tub it was had major damage and told my dealer he would't be able to take delivery for at least 6 more weeks.  Just my luck that the Epic was exactly the colors I wanted!  Otherwise... This is what my dealer explained to me:  He had just placed an order that day to fill the next truck.  I would have to wait until the next truck was filled before they would send it (understandably) So, depending on sales, the delivery times could vary.  My dealer has 3 stores, so I don't think it would have taken too long, but that is just one of the variables that I'm guessing most dealers have to deal with.

I remember waiting for delivery of our first tub- it was only 3 weeks, but it was the longest 3 weeks I've ever had!  We were like  kids at Christmastime!  

Where are you located?  If it's north, your getting your tub at the perfect time of year!  I haven't looked forward to or enjoyed winter so much til we got our first tub last year.  It will be even better this year because the Epic is deeper than our old SA Reward.

Congratulations on your decision!

Ruby
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Devildawg

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 02:18:49 am »
I'm up in Seattle where the cost of living is pretty steep so It sounds like I got a great deal,its wet and 45 right now so yeah I could really use that tub right now.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 02:28:31 am »
I'm up in Seattle where the cost of living is pretty steep so It sounds like I got a great deal,its wet and 45 right now so yeah I could really use that tub right now.

Well this would explain our price difference.  Marquis is made there, so there's minimal shipping.  As for the wait on delivery, my only guess would be that the Epic is a hot seller right now, so it must be production time.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

drprwnap

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 08:51:20 am »
My wife really wanted a air pump but the Epic has so many other nice features we decided we could live without.

Devildawg,
The Epic does indeed inject air into the water.  There are two valves (one for each pump).  Tell your wife not to worry. She'll LOVE the Epic.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

jdheffer

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 09:21:30 am »
Congratulations!!  We ordered ours 1 week ago and have 1 more week to wait.  It does seem like forever, but it has given me time to get the site ready.

We paid $9,100 (not including sales tax), so you got an excellent deal!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 01:33:23 pm »
Enjoy.....the Epic is a big big hit for Marquis. The therapy options you get with it are so flexible. Many hot and happy soaks.... :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 01:33:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42