What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ? on Marquis Epic  (Read 2670 times)

Devildawg

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
? on Marquis Epic
« on: November 04, 2005, 12:40:49 am »
I'm real close to buying a Epic from the local dealer my decision was done to the Epic or the optima from Sundance I really like both but I'm getting a very good price on the Epic but my wife is insisting that we get a tub with a air pump or the ability to agitate the water and I don't believe Marquis offers this,can a person have this added?

Hot Tub Forum

? on Marquis Epic
« on: November 04, 2005, 12:40:49 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: ? on Marquis Epic
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 04:55:02 am »
No you can't add it later. My wife likes it also. I find it a bit noisy but it sure kicks it up a notch.
Retired

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 06:40:26 am »
Actually the air injector on the Epic is great.  The pressure doubles and their is no noise involved.  It's a simple venturi setup or similar.
Wet test and pick the best one for you.

drprwnap

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 08:36:36 am »
The Epic does indeed have an air injector. I suggest you go back to your dealer and ask him about it.  When I wet tested, the tub was so comfortable that I didn't pay too much attention to that feature.  I wet tested an Optima.  Nice tub but it doesn't compare to the Epic, IMO. If you can get an Epic cheaper than an Optima and it fits both you and your wife, it's a no brainer.
Good luck

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 10:49:36 am »
Both spas that you are looking at are good quality spas.  IMO the therapy you get with the Epic is superior.  We've only had our Epic for about a week, but we are so happy with our purchase.

I agree with drprwnap...if you can get the Epic for less IMO it is a no brainer.  
2005 Marquis Epic

Alex1

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 04:42:01 pm »
If you look at the Epic from the front (opposite the filter) the air for pump 1 is next to the Spa Frog dispenser and on the left side for pump 2 its next to the tri zone valve. If you click the link then hit "view larger photo you will see them. It really makes a difference!

http://www.marquisspas.com/spa_Epic.asp

Devildawg

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 08:31:58 pm »
Thanks for some of the input,I think I need to go back I did the wet test but I was a little overwelmed at the time as it was my first wet test.I really liked the Epic and the price is $1000 less than the Optima,7800 for the Epic with all the extras thrown in including a years supply of chemicals

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 09:00:43 pm »
I think the air to which dawg refers are air jets that bubble the water, not venturi controls.  My wife like them too and we got it because of it.  The boy likes it too.  We had a choice whether to get it or not on our model.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 09:00:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42