What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: chemicals or no chemicals???  (Read 3279 times)

mika_molli

• NEW 2 TUBS
chemicals or no chemicals???
« on: November 03, 2005, 11:51:28 am »
I am new to hot tubs and learning lots.  I just purchased
a used tub and am setting it up now.  I am hoping to use as few chemicals as possible as they bother my wife.  I have a friend that says he only uses PH down in his tub when needed along with the ozonator and that is all.  He says his water is clear, no foam, smells great, no scum and he only changes water 2 maybe 3 times a year.  I like the sounds of this idea of virtually no chemicals.  Does anyone else run their tub this way???  I have bought a new filter called MicroPure with which you are not supposed to need chemicals either.  Any thoughts on the no chemical way???

Hot Tub Forum

chemicals or no chemicals???
« on: November 03, 2005, 11:51:28 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: chemicals or no chemicals???
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 12:05:26 pm »
Oh Boy!, You may want to check out the thread "technical questions for the experts".... :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 12:05:27 pm »
I find it unbelieveable that your freind only uses an ozinator and PH down and changes his water every 4 months and has not water quality issues.

No way.   Unless he is the only one who uses the tub, has perfect water out of the tap, showers before entering the tub,  wears no bathing suit, is completey bald and shaved everywhere, and only uses the tub 8 times a year.  (twice per water change). No way.

I am far from an expert, but  oweded a tub for a few years... I use dichlor and an ozinator and it works well for me.   I found the bromine floats were horrible for my skin. Others here have siad just the opposite.  

You definately want to read up about Ozinators, Dichlor and bromine and silver ion here in this forum.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 12:06:18 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

mika_molli

• NEW 2 TUBS
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 12:10:35 pm »
Oh Boy!, You may want to check out the thread "technical questions for the experts".... :-/

Where do I find this thread??  I am new to this forum thing.

Thanks

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 12:15:41 pm »
Mika, that was a thread about "can you catch an STD in a hot tub?"  (The answer is yes, if you have unprotected sex in a hot tub with someone who is infected, otherwise, no).
07 Caldera Geneva

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 12:20:51 pm »
Some tub owners fear leaving the tub a week without chemicals while on vacation.  There is no way around chemicals.

Ray

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1131032157
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 12:21:37 pm by rayman »
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 12:26:20 pm »
I had a customer swear to me that she had not drained her spa in ten years and she had never added any chemicals, she had a uv ozone system and said that's all she needed. she spoke in a strong Euopean accent( although it could have been the onset of some mallady)Then I had a lady come in the store yesterday, said she needed help with her spa, it was looking yucky, things floating in it, when asked when she had drained it and cleaned the filters last she replied 3 years ago.

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 06:37:05 pm »
I dunno.  I am starting to think I am too worried about stuff as i visited an old friend last week at his lakefront house with lots of boats and toys.  I was telling him about my tub and he commented he had a big one out back that he was "quite fond of because of the moving jet" .  Turned out to be a 10 year old Hotspring, don't know what model.  I turned it on and it ran good and seemed to be in great shape besides a little faded from the sun.  When mentioning my routine, he laughed and said it would be no fun owning a spa if he did that much work.  He said he pours a coffee cup of dichlor in every few weeks and changes the water when it gets nasty.  I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 06:37:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42