What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New hot tub in December, how to change  (Read 2802 times)

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
New hot tub in December, how to change
« on: October 28, 2005, 06:36:45 am »
If you are getting a hot tob delivered in December in a cold northern climate.....how can you do a water change after 1 month as most people on this site reccommend?  It will probably be to cold to do so.  Can your initial fill of a hot tub last for several months until outside temp. moderate?

Hot Tub Forum

New hot tub in December, how to change
« on: October 28, 2005, 06:36:45 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: New hot tub in December, how to change
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 08:32:36 am »
You don't HAVE to change your water that soon, it's not a bad idea, but not mandatory.   I live in the Minneapolis area, and wouldn't change the water in my spa in January unless some repair issue forced me to.
 I usually change our spa water as late in the year as I can get away with, usually between early November and Thanksgiving if the weather holds.  Then I coast on that water until it warms up in March.  
You can do partial water changes in the winter if you need to- Bill (our esteemed moderator) does this, I think, and he could possibly give you the details if you're interested.

Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 08:41:12 am »
The 1 month water change out is more of a good idea that around this part of the net seems to work out for many folks with a new tub. Getting the water chemistry and routine down for anyone with a new tub can be a bit of trial and error.

If you are finding  your water quality isn't up to par and it's too cold to do a complete water change out, perhaps changing out just 1/3 of the water at a time might help?

07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 09:25:32 am »
hey I did not do a first month water change.  What I did was keep a journal for the first two months.

I put minimal chemicals in to start, and added only as required.  This eliminated my excited new purchase over chemical of the tub water.  

When your new and dont understand how your tub water reacts, then you tend to put everything in the tub in large quantities.

Refine yourself during this time and you should be fine.  your journal will show you weekly trends which you will use to add your chemicals rather than crazy guessing.

Good luck

mika_molli

• NEW 2 TUBS
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 03:27:31 pm »
That journal idea is a good one, I will be doing that.  I am just getting my first spa up and running and am totally green at the chemical stuff.

Can hardly wait for the first Crown Royal and coke and soak.

;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 03:27:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42