What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: Anyone recognize this spa?  (Read 6915 times)

jdheffer

Re: Anyone recognize this spa?
« on: November 02, 2005, 11:37:17 pm »
It looks like a J-375, but i couldn't tell you what year.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: November 02, 2005, 11:37:17 pm »

cappykat

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 08:48:01 am »
Yep, looks like a Jacuzzi to me also.  Has the same filter cover that Jacuzzi uses.
2005 Marquis Epic

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 09:11:17 am »
Must be pretty new.  How long has Jacuzzi been offering waterfalls?  I know Sundance just started with them for the 2005 model year- and Jacuzzi owns Sundance..........

Does the owner have the purchase paperwork or owners manual?  If not you can get one from Jacuzzi's website- maybe the seller could pull the service panel and give you the model number and serial number.  

From that you could learn a lot about the spa.

The stereo looks almost exactly like the one in my Optima- except mine is light grey in color.  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 09:12:25 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 09:40:17 am »
So this might actually be a good find? I thought maybe it was a no name brand and she was calling it a jacuzzi like people call tape scotch tape.   :)   I emailed last night but the ad said to call, but I thought it might have been too late.  I will call today.  For once its not even 90 miles away... I'm guessing maybe 20 (she's between me and you Socal or you Gomboman).

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 09:48:12 am »
There's got to be a model and serial number inside the control panel.  With taht info you could find out alot.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 10:13:57 am »
What's the asking price, looks very nice.
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

harry_the_jet

• n8kid fun
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 10:23:48 am »
This is definately a Jacuzzi and looks like the J-375 model.  I have the 385- and the stereo looks the same.  My model is 2005.  Depending on your price, these people may be clueless as to what they are selling.  Looks like a great find!

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 10:24:48 am »
$3k.  This seems to be the asking price regardless of year or make around here for the most part.

It was listed on the 28th though so I may have missed it.  It was listed as a jacuzzi and hot tub, where I normally search for spa.  I'm going to call around 10.

I wish the companies I've called about spa moving would call me back so I at least knew what to expect there.

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 10:27:17 am »
Ok, my question then is... if it is a J375 is this a good price?  Do I jump?  Looks to be another empty spa...  How scary is it to buy a spa that can't be filled for whatever reason???

cappykat

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 10:49:18 am »
What's the problem with hooking up a hose and filling it up?  Looks like space isn't a problem??  I'd want to make sure everything works before I'd pay to have it moved.

When we were looking it came down to the Marquis Epic and the J-385.  As long as everything works, seems like a good deal IMO.  Good advice to get the serial #.

Good luck!
2005 Marquis Epic

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 10:56:17 am »
Cappy,

I dunno about this one, but the last one couldn't be filled because they had moved it away from the wiring to put in a pool.  Some people also seem that they can't be bothered with it.  I dunno.  I'll call in a bit.

harry_the_jet

• n8kid fun
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 11:12:09 am »
Providing everything works on the tub, 3K is a very good price.  Caveat Emptor if the tub can't or won't be filled.  My situation was similar, but the tub was running and I was able to wet test prior moving it.  I bought the tub from the local Jacuzzi dealer's son.  Long story, but needed money more than the tub he just foolishly bought.  I paid the dealer (his dad) $250 to have the tub delivered and set on the pad.  Electric was not finished, but once it was, everything was fine.  Good luck...

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 11:25:05 am »
 imand what do i find?? brook on (another) mission  ;D just kidding. that does look like a very young tub. i coyuldnt tell if the tub was still hooked up by the pics, but its worth asking about filling it up. if they mumble, press them about the cash in hand. that should change their mind. if they dont, i would be very skeptical (sp)
Marquis dealer

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 11:55:48 am »
She says its 2-3 years old.  They are selling it because they had to move, but there is no room for it at the new house.  

Edited to change after her last email... she has already moved, house is empty except for the hot tub.  She has a few people interested in the hot tub and doesn't really want to drive the hour back to the old house to show it to one person, so she's thinking of doing an 'open house' for it this weekend.  That makes me nervous because instead of just offering $2500 and calling it good or even going up to the $3k I could see a bidding war starting cause people do that (ebay for example...)

Oh and the tub has been empty for about 6mo.

Question here...
for J375 owners or wetesters or people in the know...
this is a deep spa at 38"
I am vertically challenged is this going to be too big for me?  I'm guessing the kids will like the depth for swimming... The man is 6' so he should be ok... any input on the spa?  I think we are one of those mostly easy to please not picky people so as long as we have hot bubbly water we will be ok, but since I can't swim I'd prefer not to drown.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 12:09:28 pm by Brookenstein »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 12:10:34 pm »
this is a deep spa at 38"
I am vertically challenged is this going to be too big for me?  I'm guessing the kids will like the depth for swimming...

My wife is a towering woman of 5'2". Our spa is also 38" deep and she's never had an issue. Then again, we don't have a lounge. If that spa does I think you might have some issues with using it if you're below about 5'6". Some spas also will have varying seat heights and may have a seat that sits low to accomadate taller people.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 12:10:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42