What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I Would Like Ya'lls Input (Consumers and Dealers)  (Read 13581 times)

nicker

Re: I Would Like Ya'lls Input (Consumers and Deale
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 01:31:28 pm »
Guy sounds like a Mr. Know it all jack ass type.  I think you would be better to not have his business anyway.  I wouldn't sweat it.  I think you handled yourself in a respectfull and professional manner.

Now then I think if you were to have had Tammy there sitting in a tub you would not have had the converstions you had.  It would have more like this.

Florida guy:  I'll take that tub with the hottie in it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 01:31:28 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005, 04:38:08 pm »
Again, thanks to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU for your input, I respect each of you and value your critiques.  I realize I probably get testy from time to time and don't always come across the way I'd like to on this forum.

I would like to respond to each of you individually but today has been crazy and I am taking off tomorrow to take my daughter to the State Fair of Texas (we're playing hooky!)

Thanks again everybody!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brookenstein

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2005, 04:48:37 pm »
Have fun at the fair with your daughter.  Is your wife going to?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2005, 04:59:09 pm »
Have fun at the fair with your daughter.  Is your wife going to?

No, someone has to make a living in this family!

Actually, my wife is not as enamored with the fair as I am.  She is 5' 12", refined, delicate, and mean as HELL.

I, on the other hand, LOVE the whole atmosphere.  It reminds me of when I was a kid growing up in Dallas and going to see the exhibits, the car show, the midway, the fabulous carny folk.  Now, I am going on a little fact-finding mission to check out some of the spa sales pitches.  I have never done that before and am really anxious to hear how bad HotSpring Spas stink!

Will report on what I find Friday.

Terminator
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 04:59:52 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

c00ter

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2005, 05:13:46 pm »
hmmmm  So she is 6' 0" also....  hehehehhe  ;D

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2005, 05:21:45 pm »

Actually, my wife is not as enamored with the fair as I am.  She is 5' 12", refined, delicate, and mean as HELL.

Even in Canada that would be 6'
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2005, 06:06:48 pm »
There are 4, and only 4 reasons why people do not buy:
1. No time
2. No money
3. No confidence
4. No need

I like that...

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2005, 10:46:21 am »
I like that...

Yea I always liked it too.  I wish it were my original thought, but it is right out of the NYLIC sales training manual.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2005, 01:22:13 pm »
Guy sounds like a Mr. Know it all jack ass type.  I think you would be better to not have his business anyway.  I wouldn't sweat it.  I think you handled yourself in a respectfull and professional manner.

Now then I think if you were to have had Tammy there sitting in a tub you would not have had the converstions you had.  It would have more like this.

Florida guy:  I'll take that tub with the hottie in it!

If Tammy was there his wife my have assumed the roll of being the mean one. You did fine with your a## of a customer.  It is hard to take when someone attacks for no reason. DON'T Sweat it move on.  Most people are nice, a small number are a##'s  ...  Thats life

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2005, 04:21:19 pm »
  Terminator  

I think you handled the Floridian fairly.  The only thing you shopuld have maybe did was give him stacies Phone Number  Since he was looking for bs pricing in spas.   She has an add in the local newspaper for her bargan new spas $1700.00  ;D  lol
 T6texan

Don't Sweat It Bro!

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2005, 05:56:27 pm »
 Terminator  

I think you handled the Floridian fairly.  The only thing you shopuld have maybe did was give him stacies Phone Number  Since he was looking for bs pricing in spas.   She has an add in the local newspaper for her bargan new spas $1700.00  ;D  lol
  T6texan

Don't Sweat It Bro!

Better yet, you could have directed him to JA's web site. Sounds like a perfect match.

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2005, 03:38:19 am »
Sounds like you did well and remained calm. That is all can be expected with some people.

One thing that does bother me however is one never sees MSRP anywhere on any site of major tub manufacturers. Like it's some Grand Mystery of the Universe. Web resources and print material will tell you everything else from jet functions to heater housings but never a base-line cost. Everything is speculation on mark-up pertaining to region, service alignment and market demand. Pretty subjective pricing policies across the board, I'd say. That's like car dealerships charging less in Tennessee than Ontario because we have metal eroding salt to remove our snow and the plant is 50 more miles away - or fridges are less in Canada because our Igloos are already so cold. I can't think of any other business that does this off-hand except for tradesmen and contractors.

A reference shopper is always in the dark about fair or added value and prices seem to vary wildly. This is one situation where if there was listed prices, a conflict/resentment like this could be avoided.

efrazier8

• spa dude
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2005, 01:27:55 pm »
Have the same situation all the time and does not bother me at all. Just make sure your service department flags him if he call for serice.

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2005, 01:36:14 pm »
sound like you were very nice. i couldnt have been that nice. i think i would have just walked away from him earlier, or maybee got him to turn around to look at something then slap him pretty hard on the back of his head. was he with anyone? because that only works if they arent.

Danny

• "He was a wise man who invented beer"  Plato
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2005, 02:23:27 pm »
I think you handled it great, you can't sell to everyone.  My wife and I we’re at a home show when we first started looking for a spa and there were about 30 different companies and over 100 spas there.  We looked around and after the barrage of used car salespersons’ type people pointing out the TV, stereos, and waterfalls versus the spa itself we happened upon the local HS dealer.

The first thing they mentioned was that HS spas aren’t cheap, well more expensive that anything there.  We were surprised at the price compared to the others also.  After talking to the HS dealer they sent us out on a fun scavenger hunt and to tell the other places we were interested in HS and see how they compare themselves.  The only thing that they could say that was better than HS spas was in the amount of flair (TV’s, pop-up speakers, etc.) attached, not the spa.  

Some people yell and scream because they are stupid and subliminally think that the louder and more of a commotion you raise, the smarter you are.  A good part of my family live by that.  You probably caught him off guard with the price and that’s his way of dealing with a situation that was out of his hands.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2005, 02:23:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42