What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New (to me) HS Sovreign  (Read 2604 times)

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
New (to me) HS Sovreign
« on: November 02, 2005, 07:03:57 pm »
Hello everyone...great board, I'm glad I found it.  I recently purchased a '97 HS Sovreign.  The tub is in excellent shape (the previous owner really took good care of it) and all I had to do was bribe a few friends to help me move it.  It took about 4 of us with a Uhaul and a Saturday afternoon and it was done.  The owner gave me the original receipt and the tub sold for 6700.00   I paid 1500.00 which I was very happy about.

It has a new DelZone Platinum Eclipse ozonator and I'm using the Nature 2 cartridge and SpaGuard Enhanced Shock and things seem to be going swimmingly (pun intended).  It is wired currently for 110 and I left it like that for now because the previous owner said it had been shipped to her that way and she never had  a problem losing temperature rapidly as some told her she would vs. 220.  She said they used it in dead of winter and started out about 102 or 103, used it for usually an hour  with full jets (no heater of course) and when they got out it had fallen to about 100.  As for my installation, we will see when the frigid weather arrives.  My brother is an electrician so he said he could switch it if I needed to with no problems.

I had debated buying new, but after seeing this tub, doing a wet test, and hearing the price, my mind was made up.  I took a portion of the money I saved vs. buying new and added on to my deck which is now, 16x24 with a 6ft privacy fence down the length of one side, and had a little left over to do some landscaping as well to make the area more inviting.

You can see a few pics of it at-- http://photos.yahoo.com/lawdawgva

I look forward to participating in the discussions.  Any suggestions concerning my new purchase will be welcomed as I am fairly new to all of this.

Thanks!
Brian
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 07:08:31 pm by wmccall »
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Hot Tub Forum

New (to me) HS Sovreign
« on: November 02, 2005, 07:03:57 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: New (to me) HS Sovreign
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 07:10:37 pm »
Welcome. That tub does appear to be in good shape. Buying used can work out well. Sure sounds like a fair price.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 09:37:11 pm »
Welcome to Spatopia, Brian!  May you always have hot, clean, bubbly water in that HotSpring!!!

I suggest you enjoy it thoroughly!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 09:42:10 pm »
Looks incredible, great deal.  Hope all goes well.

Rayman
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 09:10:49 am »
I agree I think you got into the hot tub game for a great price.  

Where are you located? I am interested in the 110 vs 240 that i have seen debated and just wondered under what winter conditions this thing will be running under.

Once again, enjoy!
07 Caldera Geneva

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 10:29:41 am »
Drewstar,

I live in the Southwest Virginia area and only about 50 miles or so from where the original owner lived so no real climate difference.  She had the tub sitting on a concrete pad while mine will be sitting on a deck about 24 inches off the ground.  I realize I will have cool air underneath the tub that she did not have, but I've heard that the Hot Spring line are well insulated all around and even underneath.   I do have a windbreak on two sides of my spa, so I'm sure that will help also.
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 10:29:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42