What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer Reimbursement  (Read 2703 times)

fatman

Dealer Reimbursement
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:08:35 am »
The subject of dearler reimbursement probably never would have come to my mind at all had it not been for a talkative dealer.  A nearby hot tub dealer was recently telling me that he used to be a Beachcomber dealer. He told me that on more than one occassion he would perform warranty work on a tub but Beachcomber would not reimburse him for the warranty part. He said that he eventually got so disgusted with Beachcomber that he dropped the line and picked up Artesian. He really likes Artesian by the way. I would like to know if other dealers have experienced  this same problem and, if so, what did you do about it?

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer Reimbursement
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:08:35 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Dealer Reimbursement
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 09:36:58 am »
I've heard some manufacturers might be slow at warranty reimbursments or a stuggle trying to get warranty but I never witnessed that personally while at Beachcomber.

As a dealer, the course of action would be to deal with your rep and/or directly with the manufacturer to resolve it. If as a dealer, you are unhappy with the level of service you are receiving, your choice is to look at alternate lines. This is a fairly drastic response as many dealers spend a great deal of effort branding their stores.

Steve

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:07:52 am »
We've never had that problem.

Terminator

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 01:26:00 pm »
If as a dealer, you are unhappy with the level of service you are receiving, your choice is to look at alternate lines. This is a fairly drastic response as many dealers spend a great deal of effort branding their stores.
Steve

And bashing the competition they might have to carry in the future.............

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 01:58:01 pm »
And bashing the competition they might have to carry in the future.............

If those dealers choose to bash and they feel that strongly about a given product, I doubt they would select that particular brand as a line to carry if the circumstances ever came about. There are MANY lines of spas and I don't think any dealer is ever in a position where they HAVE TO carry any specific line.

Steve

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
When I was working for a Beachcomber dealer, we did have many claims denied. These claims were not denied by Beachcomber, but by Cornerstone, the seller and administrator of Beachcomber's "Premium Guarantee" which extended the standard warranty from 2 years to 5.

One side note on that comment:
At the time, Beachcomber had informed Cornerstone that they would not be using Cornerstones program on tubs manufactured in 2004 or going forward.

I believe that may have ticked off the good folks at Cornerstone and they may have taken a "work to rule" or "every 'I' must be dotted and every 'T' must be crossed philosophy.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 06:11:57 pm »
Even with that, we didn't have many claims denied. Then again, ours were real claims! ;)

How's my counterpart doing out there? Had a good year?

Steve

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 10:58:49 pm »
I have found this to be the case with many manufacturers.  Just about every check I receive is light in one way or another.  My problem is, I run an independent service company.  So far I have taken my lumps in stride, in order to get non-warranty work from the dealers that I service as well as future non-warranty work.  So far we aren't starving, but I am getting pretty tired of being hosed on a regular basis!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 10:58:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42