What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: changes for 06? When do manufacturers make changes  (Read 2775 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
changes for 06? When do manufacturers make changes
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:17:20 pm »
I guess this question if for the dealers.  Are hot tubs like cars, in that they change each model year?  Or do manufacturers stick with winners, changing only colors or minor things?  I was wondering since I will be getting my Epic in December.  It will be an 05 model and, f I understand correctly, the color we want will no longer be an option on the 06 models. I was wondering about other changes for '06.  I'm sure a price increase is a possibility... thanks
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

changes for 06? When do manufacturers make changes
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:17:20 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: changes for 06? When do manufacturers make cha
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 03:40:12 pm »
I'm not a dealer, but in my shopping experience, it depends.  Some years have few changes, some more major.  For example, I have a 2003 Optima, and the 2004's were pretty similar, but the 2005 model had more significant changes- layout, filtering, waterfall added.   Probably varies by brand and model.  
I'd be suprised with energy costs being what they are that next years model of anything wouldn't be somewhat more expensive.

Again, all speculation on my part.
Brewman

OregonVTX

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 03:41:49 pm »
All 2006 Marquis Spas are available as of November 1st.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 03:53:59 pm »
I have to second what Brewman said. It really depends on the manufacturer.

I would not expect to see major changes from any manufacturer year after year.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 04:24:31 pm »
All 2006 Marquis Spas are available as of November 1st.

If there are price increases you may want to try to get an '05 before they're gone. When there is a model year changeover and the model changes very little (or not at all) there is really no advantage to getting the new model year spa. Besides, if there are no/littel changes they may literally build an '05 on Friday and when they come back Monday morning the next spa that comes through is considered an '06 even though it was built with the same parts and is only a few spas behind it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 04:27:48 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 06:35:29 pm »
It really does depend on each model. Sundance made changes to the Maxxus, Optima, and Cameo for 2005, so expect them to stay the same. There are likely going to be changes on the tubs that didn't change from '04 to '05 In Sundances case, the Altamar, Capri, Marin, etc.

I would expect fairly large price increases for the new years models due to the drastic rise in crude oil this past year.

If the color you want is going to be disco'd then jump on the '05 save a few bucks and get the color YOU want.

HS and SD both shut down their plants for a few weeks to re-tool for the new models( don't know about others) so there is no Friday-Monday year change.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 06:53:21 pm »
The Epic can almost be considered an 06 model or perhaps a 05 &1/2 .....but a price increase will coming. I think if prices have not been already raised than you will see them raised from most due to oil costs.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 06:59:44 pm »
I would expect fairly large price increases for the new years models due to the drastic rise in crude oil this past year.

If the color you want is going to be disco'd then jump on the '05 save a few bucks and get the color YOU want.

As Mendo noted, there seems to be an industry trend toward more mid year changes anyway and I'm not sure what waiting for the new year does for you in many cases besides guaranteeing a higher price.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 07:05:58 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 07:03:43 pm »
I believe HotSpring does shut down for 2 weeks in December to retool.  We don't start getting new year model spas until late February.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 07:38:55 pm »
Thanks everyone.   I just wanted to be sure I wouldn't be sorry in January  since I have to wait until probably the middle of December anyway.  My husband really wanted the color that is going to be discontinued and I surely don't want to pay any more for my tub. If I understand my dealer, Marquis is also in a shut down. That's what made me wonder about changes for the 06 year models.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 07:53:57 pm »
Intersting timing with this question. I was just sent the complete package of the details on all 06 models and the changes for this year. We will start our transition into 2006 models this month and I'm expecting the dealers to really get excited about this. Our new branding is now complete and will be formally unveiled in Florida. For those of you going, let me know your thoughts good & bad about what you see.

We've introduced one new model which I expect to be in the top 3 for worldwide sales for us plus some really interesting changes.

Like many of you, I was bracing for a significant price increase for 06 but it seems we're holding the line this year on pricing which is awesome news for us! There's even a slight decrease on a few models.

I've said more than I should. I go now... :-X

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 07:53:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42