What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filling tub???  (Read 2501 times)

sunnydee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Filling tub???
« on: November 01, 2005, 07:30:10 am »
Okay, bear with me. Anyway, had new tub delivered last night. Electrician is coming at 9am this morning. I would love to have the tub filled and starting to warm by this evening. Is filling the tub as easy as throwing a hose over the side? Or did I read somewhere that pumps need to be "primed" and such. Also, I'm filling it with well water. Is it essential to put "metal out" in the water before adding any other chemicals? I appreciate any and all advice!  ???

Hot Tub Forum

Filling tub???
« on: November 01, 2005, 07:30:10 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Filling tub???
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 07:35:25 am »
Check your manual, but most tubs can be filled by removing the filters and putting the hose where the filter goes, this causes water to fill the lines up. I have two filters and two hoses within easy reach of the tub so I fill it that way until the water gets above the filter compartment.  My tub also has a relief valve near the top of the plumbing that lets you bleed air out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drprwnap

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 07:35:57 am »
Okay, bear with me. Anyway, had new tub delivered last night. Electrician is coming at 9am this morning. I would love to have the tub filled and starting to warm by this evening. Is filling the tub as easy as throwing a hose over the side? Or did I read somewhere that pumps need to be "primed" and such. Also, I'm filling it with well water. Is it essential to put "metal out" in the water before adding any other chemicals? I appreciate any and all advice!  ???

I don't know about metal out but my dealer told me to fill my tub (at least half way)  through the filters.  This entailed taking the filters out.  He also told me to leave the filters float in the tub while filling.  That gets them wet .  He was right on with this, I had no priming problems once the electric was hooked up.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Debra

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:05:31 am »
I would imagine that everyone's well water is different.  We filled ours from our well using a prefilter that atttaches to your hose.  After 2 weeks we had to change our water because of high TDS.  We then tested our well water finding that it is also very high in TDS.  So we brought water in and it is amazing the difference in how clear the water looks.  Our well water started off cloudy.  So, it may be a good idea to bring your well water in and have it tested.  We brought ours to a Beachcomber dealer who is equipped to do a huge variety of tests including TDS and calcium, ph, alk,..... You will then have a base to go by and an explanation as to why your spa water may be out of wack.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 10:16:36 am »
My dealer sent a rep to do a site survey. He took a sample of my treated well water with him so that when they bring my tub, they will have the proper chemicals to adjust it.  I was wondering if I should have given him a raw water sample also to see which needed less adjustment.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

sunnydee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 10:35:20 am »
Thanks everyone. My tub is filling as I type! Dealer said to fill, then heat up to 80 degrees. Once I add my shock, I'll know if I have metals. She said the water would take on a blue/green hue. and there's no harm in treating with metal out at that time. (Boy I hope it fills and heats up fast!)  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 10:35:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42