What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Sundance Dealers  (Read 2458 times)

Brookenstein

Question for Sundance Dealers
« on: October 29, 2005, 10:12:49 pm »
Ok, I thought I had found a spa for me.. a 2 year old Cameo asking $3500, but it sold before I could get there.

I have now found a 99 Altamar asking $3000.  This seems a bit high compared to the Cameo, but I'm guessing the Cameo was a steal.  So... what is a good price for the Altamar?  Has the model changed much since 99 (I was looking at the Sundance website... curious if its pretty much the same)?

Is there anything to look for specifically when looking at used spas (private party) in order not to get someone elses problem?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Sundance Dealers
« on: October 29, 2005, 10:12:49 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Question for Sundance Dealers
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 09:11:51 am »
I've also found a 3 yr old Maxxus for $4000, is that a good price?  He says he paid $10 for it.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 09:18:07 am »
I can't answer as a dealer, but as an owner of a Sundance for over three years.  In 2002, Sundance made a lot of changes that are still used in some of their spas today.  Although the Altamar is a great spa, 1999 is a little beyond that.  The Cameo sounded like a great deal.  The Maxxus is a fabulous spa if you like the large size.  That sounds like a deal to me.

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 09:22:12 am »
Thanks for responding.  I think the Cameo was a steal... she even had a gazebo.   :'(  I emailed on the Maxxus, but I'm guessing its gone already as it was listed on the 24th.  I was guessing a 99 would be too old to bother, but I just want something so bad...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 09:28:09 am »
The 99 is coming onto seven years old.  I would only buy that for real short dollars.

On the flip side.  I have a friend with a 95 Cameo and still uses it all the time.  He has had very few problems with it over the years.

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 01:13:38 pm »
I'm assuming the Maxxus is still available.  I emailed a bunch of questions to her and she responded with pictures and no answers.   ???  I've emailed another set of questions for her.  I think I would need to replace the cover (even though they say its new) and would need to add a cover lifter.

When I called the local Sundance dealer yesterday they said I could put a Cameo on the plastic pad.  I know the Maxxus is significantly larger and weighs more, does anyone know if it can go on a plastic pad as well?

Here are some pics...

Brookenstein

Used Sundance
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 01:51:44 pm »
Here is more info from her..

Yes it really is a spa cover.  We still have the original spa cover sitting on the side of the house (gray).  The fire of July 04  was right behind us and the old spa cover got some ember burns on it and after 3 years needed to be replaced so the poolman that lives next door to us recommend this to us.  It was $1000 for this cover.  The spa  is not filled because they had to move it for the pool. It is sitting on our patio.  We have never had any problem and it works  great.

hymbaw

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 11:39:56 am »
That sounds like a good deal on the Optima. I'd go for it.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 11:39:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42