What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rippin' Rhodies  (Read 1606 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Rippin' Rhodies
« on: October 29, 2005, 02:43:21 pm »
Cappykat, you are my inspiraton!  Hubby got up early this morning and started working on moving three big Rhodenderons to make room for the deck for our Epic.
After seeing your yard come together so beautifully, he was ready to go. Unforturnately this job was bigger than both of us and we had to call in the troops!  My girlfriend and her husband came to the rescue and in only a few hours we have removed and replanted  3 -
8 foot Rhodies, two smaller bushes, measured out and dug the deck footers and are on the way to Lowes for concrete and posts. Holy cow. I have to tell you though, the pictures of your project as it came together really helped us to get going. (I just wish I could have just one palm tree on my deck). As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will show the developments in our little corner of the world. ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 03:31:01 pm by admin »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Rippin' Rhodies
« on: October 29, 2005, 02:43:21 pm »

cappykat

Re: Rippin' Rhodies
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 04:16:10 pm »
Wow...that's great!  I'm glad I inspire someone.  I can't believe you've done all that and have your deck footers down.  That's is really mov'in.

You'll have to read my post "...and the rest of the story" to see how our delivery has gone.  Still in progress as I type this.

Good luck with your deck and yes, you gotta post pictures.  Oh, Bonibelle, where do you live?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 04:17:41 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 07:35:47 pm »
Cappykat, We are in Pennsylvania just north of the Delaware border.  The weather is starting to get chilly so we need to move a little faster on this deck project.
We ran to get the concrete and I decided to rent a truck and get the lumber and all (the concrete weighed 1200 lbs. alone). My husband and son just took the truck back. Tomorrow we will probably pour the concrete.   I really hope to have our tub by my wedding anniversary in December! We are trying to save money by doing this ourselves.  :-/ We may need physical therapy in addition to a hot tub by the time we are done!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 08:04:40 pm »
HAAA!!  I know what you mean!  I so wanted a deck and we had it all designed.  My husband was going to build it, but I'm afraid we wouldn't have gotten our spa for another 6 months!  Plus, I think we would have ended up spending more because we still needed landscaping.

I have a few things already that I would have done differently, but all in all I'm satisfied.

Keep us posted on your progress.  Best wishes!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 08:05:06 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 08:04:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42