What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dynasty Spas? Long Island Dealers?  (Read 3872 times)

jamn

Dynasty Spas? Long Island Dealers?
« on: October 28, 2005, 09:41:05 am »
I have been lurking here for a few weeks. Great information and thanks to all who share their knowledge. We just finished our pool and have decided that we need a seperate hot tub. I have looked at several and have read a lot of comments here about the different tubs. I have noticed a lot of comments and discussions about Hot Springs - which we are considering. I have not read a lot of comments about Dynasty Spas. Does anyone have experience or comments concerning Dynasty Spas? Also, any recommedations on good dealers in Suffolk County or Nassau County on Long Island? Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Dynasty Spas? Long Island Dealers?
« on: October 28, 2005, 09:41:05 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Dynasty Spas? Long Island Dealers?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 10:05:42 am »
There are only a couple of us Dynasty owners around here :). My Excalibur 4000 is almost 3 years old now and is a great tub for us. It was reasonably priced and we have had few problems with it that are dealer took care of.  Our dealer recently went belly up, but that probably wasn't Dynasty's fault.

We love our tub, but it does have a couple of short comings.  The "aromatherapy" system is totally worthless. A few other manufacturers use this same system and it is equally worthless.   Out tub has wrist jets which are worthless because one is 3" higher than the other and you can't use both at the same time.  There are also two jets in the footwell that are totally worthless and almost no pressure gets to them. There is one footjet that is wonderful so we don't worry about the other two.

Dynasty has a couple of models where every jet is the same using a "shower head jet"  This is a lousy tub for therapy.  Dynasty does has its new Advantage line, which looks pretty nice, and my dealer almost put me into one.   My review is in the review section.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

jamn

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 05:38:47 pm »
Thanks for your info wmccall. I was really impressed with the wrist jets - glad to know that they are really not great.

Lablover2004 I would love to get off L.I. Not my choice, husband's job requires us to be here. Perhaps it will be a little more pleasant with a Hot Tub in the backyard. (If I just ignore those high electric bills).

Any input from anyone out there on L.I. Dealers?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 05:45:46 pm »
Thanks for your info wmccall. I was really impressed with the wrist jets - glad to know that they are really not great.

They may be improved in later models.  They did fix somed of my complaints about my model in newer models.  I don't suffer from Carpal tunnel so I never use them.

Oh, and here is what mine looks like., It will look like this again tomorrow, when I dump and refill.

Notice the positioning of the wrist jets?  The middle footjet is wonderful.  I'm mentioned a couple of the shortcomings, but it really is a wonderful tub that we use every night.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 05:51:28 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 05:45:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42