What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pictures of uncompleted backyard  (Read 4232 times)

cappykat

Pictures of uncompleted backyard
« on: October 27, 2005, 04:26:54 pm »
Thought I'd post a few pics of the progress.  Of course, it's not completed and there are a couple of things I would have changed but all in all I think it will look great once the grass in laid and the mulching is done.  The patio/spa areas are not done.  There is going to be a gray border paver done all the way around and they haven't been able to get it, so we're waiting on that.  We're getting there... ;D

2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Pictures of uncompleted backyard
« on: October 27, 2005, 04:26:54 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pictures of uncompleted backyard
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 04:36:14 pm »
Very Nice!! It's going to be great when done!

Is that your chair and do you sit outside with that saw to make sure they're getting done on time? ;D

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 04:49:24 pm »
HAAA!!!  Actually, I've been very good about not "supervising".  I'm a real perfectionist and I see things I wish I didn't (no, I don't see dead people!)  ;)

Instead of planting the topiary they suggested putting it in a pot.  I was fine with that and said I'd go pick it out.  He said they had allowed for that and they'd get it.  He asked what I wanted...I said a terra cotta pot.  I'm visualizing this nice heavy, scrolled pot.  I get up this morning and it's in this plastic pot.  I'm like no way...so I went and got one.

My dealer said they could deliver the tub on Saturday, but we're waiting to see if they get done Friday.  Once we get the tub in my husband is going to build a pergola over the hot-tub, so we still have some work to do.  It's getting there.
2005 Marquis Epic

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 04:50:00 pm »
The first pic looks just like my backyard, except you don't have any gigantic fire ant beds and my fence isn't as nice. :(

My house.

Terminator
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 05:14:48 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 04:52:18 pm »
Term...you are soo funny!!  Well, at least you get to go to work everyday and soak in whatever hot-tub you want...and then there's Tammy.. ;)
2005 Marquis Epic

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 04:57:11 pm »
Term...you are soo funny!!  Well, at least you get to go to work everyday and soak in whatever hot-tub you want...and then there's Tammy.. ;)

Yeah, I get to soak my dirty, fire ant bitten feet in these high dollar spas that I can't afford.....and my underling, Amy, hates Tammy. :(

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 05:36:44 pm »
I don't believe you for a minute...but you tell a good story!  ::) ::)
2005 Marquis Epic

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 05:45:46 pm »
Nice photos!!! Let the fun begin. We just got our decks stained two weeks ago so I will have to take some new photos. It looks like your project will look amazing once completed cappykat! Good luck with everything!

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 09:04:47 pm »
Thanks, Payton.  I told my husband tonight that I'm sure when it's all done it's going to look fabulous, but I kind of wish we'd gone with the decking.  I think he wanted to hit me...ha!  Of course, we probably wouldn't have gotten our hot-tub until this time next year... ;D

It's all good!   ;)
2005 Marquis Epic

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 08:46:33 am »
Damn, that looks nice.  :D

I like pavers more than a poured cement pad, and the palm trees and landscaping look like it's going to be a really nice retreat.  I'd love to see more as the project moves along.

Wish I was in place that had palm trees right now. It's been cold and raw in N.E.  I want snow or sunshine, none of this in between rainy raw stuff.  

:P
07 Caldera Geneva

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 10:12:53 am »
Thanks, drewstar!   I didn't know we were getting palm trees...probably wouldn't have chosen palms but now that they're in I like them a lot!

They tell me they're going to be done today.  I'll post pics of the completed project.
2005 Marquis Epic

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 11:11:48 am »
Lookin' good!  I noticed you have some lighting as well - way to go! Get us some nightime shots when you can.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 01:11:07 pm »

I made some changes to your plans you now will have 2 hottubs and a sauna, I am certain you already had a fireplace and 40" flatscreen in the plans.

A few plants here and ther maybe some patio furniture and your in business!
-SpaMan~

cappykat

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 03:31:48 pm »
Spaman...you are too d$@n funny!!  I just love what you did with the yard.  I should have hired you...of course, I couldn't have paid you but I love your creativity!!  What a hoot!!
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 03:31:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42