What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first water change completed  (Read 3003 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
first water change completed
« on: October 27, 2005, 09:40:35 pm »
All that I can say is wow.

I have had my tub for four months now, and my water always looked nice.  Clear, cloudy once and a while but clear 90% of the time.

I put my new water in and I cant believe how good the water looks.  I mean, it is crystal clear, the best ever.  Even when the jets are running, the water is still crystal clear, not the milky bubble look like before.  before after the jets were shut off, it would take a while to clear up with all the bubles.

Now as soon as I shut off the jets, it is perfect.

So, this time, I have yet to add softner.  Maybe that was why I had some clarity issues before.  Also, I turned down my jets aeration.  Maybe this will help

SO WHY IS THE WATER SO DIFFERENT NOW????

Hot Tub Forum

first water change completed
« on: October 27, 2005, 09:40:35 pm »

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: first water change completed
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:03:22 pm »
I had and maintained a Sundance for about 8 years. I changed the water about 3 or 4 times a year. Before a change I would often think my water looked pretty good. But after the change, just as you now say, unbelievable water. The best soaks, water wise, are right after a water change.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 10:55:20 pm »
Before a change I would often think my water looked pretty good.

Many times I've been to people's homes and upon seeing the water I'll politely remark that the water is unclear. Sometimes they have an incredulous look. What I've come to realize is that when it is slowly getting murky they don't notice the change if they're seeing it often since it's gradually changing. For instance, if you had 30 spas sitting in a row where each is just slightly cloudier than the previous, you may not notice the change from spa to spa but if you looked at the first and last one it would be obvious. When you drain and refill it hits you that it's now clearer than it was upon emptying it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 08:17:41 am »
The best soaks, water wise, are right after a water change.

Here, Here!  And it usually stays that way until the first guest with a soap laden suit hops in.....or the Mary Kay rep stops bye.....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 09:27:46 am »
so how can you keep your water that clear.  I assume you cant really, over time the tub water is going to break down no matter how good you keep your levels.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 09:37:59 am »
I'm going into month 4 of my water, and plan to do the winter change out in late Nov (or later if I can pull it off). FWIW, I used Dichlor and have a ozinator.

The water looked ok,but just last week, after my wife (code name: Exxon Valdez) got out, the water was cloudy. and really looked bad. I did a super dose of Bright and Clear which resulted in serious foaming (I considered this "Good" as I am lead to belive all the dissolved solids and oils where now clumping togethor, and allowing me to scoop it out as well as letting the filter now catch it). I followed this by a super shock, and the mother of all filter cleanings. 2 days later the water looks damn good and feel I will get another 3-4 weeks out of it with standard routine maitenence.

just my $.02.  Still learning.  but this worked well.
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 10:57:55 am »
so how can you keep your water that clear.  I assume you cant really, over time the tub water is going to break down no matter how good you keep your levels.

I have great luck maintaining my water. I unfailingly add dichlor (spa chlorine) generously after each use and the next time I use the spa it is clean, clear and has little to no chlorine smell. I also have Nature II and a good CD ozone unit helping out. Many people want to try to lessen their chlorine use and it just seems to be counterproductive to do so. The reality is, almost all the spa professionals I know use a simple chlorine regimine for the spa in their backyard which says a lot to me.

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 01:10:28 pm »
Does that routine include a floater to dispense the dichlor?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 01:16:02 pm »
Does that routine include a floater to dispense the dichlor?

Nope, just need my calibrated right eye to shake the proper amount of granules into the filter basket.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 01:16:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42