What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Service, service, service...or lack thereof  (Read 5186 times)

waggie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Service, service, service...or lack thereof
« on: October 20, 2005, 08:14:05 am »
My husband and I are kicking ourselves in the butt at the moment.   We looked at three different companies hot tubs.  The company we felt would provide the best service - the tub just didn't work for us.  Same with another company, which we guessed would provide the second best service.  Unfortunately, the tub that did work for us, we felt they would be #3 as far as providing good service, and we really didn't want to deal with them.  However, that was "THE TUB" and so we crossed our fingers and went ahead with it.  We didn't have any real reason to question their service other than a gut feeling.

Sure enough, we've already had problems, and the tub isn't even installed yet.   In fact, it is sitting on our grass in the back yard in its shrink wrap, and we're waiting to find out when the heck they'll be able to place it in the correct spot.   It's supposed to be tomorrow, but we haven't received word yet.  I'm wondering if it is going to wind up killing our grass while we wait.  They shouldn't have delivered it unless they could definitely place it on Friday.  

All I can say to anyone currently in the market, PLEASE consider service if you've got some good choices in front of you!   This is all very annoying, is eating up our time, causing tempers to flare, and it is totally ridiculous.   I thought this was going to be a happy experience, but right now all the joy of becoming hot tub owners has been drained out of us.  

I'll write more later when I am less angry and this has all been resolved one way or the other...

Hot Tub Forum

Service, service, service...or lack thereof
« on: October 20, 2005, 08:14:05 am »

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Service, service, service...or lack thereof
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 01:42:06 pm »
Why did they drop it off in the grass instead of your foundation?  Do they have a store?  Sorry for your experience. :(

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 01:47:07 pm »
Ouch, that does bite. I think I know where Kyle is going with the "do they have a store" line.....Go and let them know you are irritated. Be quicker that waiting for a call.
Marquis dealer

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 01:48:02 pm »
According to her previous posts it looked like she bought a Hotspring...

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 04:35:40 pm »
I was wondering when the guilty party would be exposed.  So it was indeed HS??

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 04:47:32 pm »
Why was it delivered and not set up?  Was everything ready?

We've delivered spas to people who just had to have it immediately.  OK, no problem.  When we get there, there is no place to put the spa.  We were told to bring it on out.  The customer has the Pre-Delivery Guide that has all of the information in it, yet, they decided not to prepare for their spa.

We can either leave it there and come back when we are in the area or take it back to the warehouse and try again.

I'm interested to hear the details.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 04:49:31 pm »
I was wondering when the guilty party would be exposed.  So it was indeed HS??

Who is the guilty party and why would you insinuate it is HotSpring?  Do you have inside information other than what has been posted?  If so, please let me know.

Terminator

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 04:52:49 pm »
I read her previous posts and it appeared to me that she bought a Hotspring.  

I agree with you though Nator, there is probably another side and details would be appreciated.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 04:56:49 pm »
I read her previous posts and it appeared to me that she bought a Hotspring.  

I agree with you though Nator, there is probably another side and details would be appreciated.

Yep, I read the posts as well and it appears they were getting a HS.  But, the original post was sketchy, to say the least.  Why would a spa be delivered and not set unless there were some logical reason.  I'm sure frustration had a lot to do with it.

Terminator

waggie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 03:26:34 am »
Yes, it is a HS.  

One of our salesmen not once but twice dropped the ball on making sure we received an important component.   Then there was yet another problem, this time concerning delivery and placement.   But I'm happy to report the person ultimately in charge of all of this for the store came through for us 100 percent.  Once he was made aware of the problems, he kept in constant communication with us until everything was completed as promised.  I'll be writing a letter to the store thanking him and his staff for a job ultimately well done!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 10:33:40 am »
I'm glad everything worked out to your satisfaction, waggie.  Sometimes mistakes are made.  The true measure of a company is how they respond to and rectify their mistakes.  Enjoy that spa and holler at us if we can answer any questions! :)

Terminator

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 12:20:07 pm »
Congratulations Waggie!

You will now begin a whole new life and dont worry, relax from here on out its almost always trouble free. ;)
-SpaMan~

Ronnie526

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 07:53:44 am »
If you want to hear a SAGA, I have a REAL winner.  I had posted a "chronology" about a week ago & it CONTINUES.  Tub is 2 weeks old & STILL not right.  :( I'm new here, but it seems some of you are Dealers? .... Is there a Sundance Dealer here that I might be able to PM & ask a few questions?  My dealer keeps telling me "Other Dealers do same thing, blah, blah, blah".  I really don't want to go into ALL the details out here on "MAIN STREET", unless that is an acceptable practice. Thanks for any help  :)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 08:02:44 am »
You can list your concerns here. There are lots of dealers her that will give advice. Most dealers here have genuine concern for the customers, they get no $ for helping customers on this site, just satisfaction. Good Luck!

Ronnie526

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 08:13:54 am »
Here's one, JS.  I installed cover & lifter that Dealer "used" $200 of my $400 "store credit" that "came" with my tub.  Long story short .... I think I have the wrong lifter.  I can see that lifters may be a little interchangeable, but this 1 REALLY doesn't fit.  The "pivot bolt" will gouge into my skirt if tightened completely which it NEEDS to be to work properly.  It's all "FLOPPY" with bolts loose enough to NOT be gouging my skirt.  Dealer solution is to DRILL HOLES in my skirt to make room for bolt to be tightened completely????? Okay, I won't gouge it,  I'll just BLAST A HOLE THROUGH IT???????? GEEZ?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 08:13:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42