What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First day in new hot tub  (Read 2674 times)

waggie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
First day in new hot tub
« on: October 23, 2005, 07:43:49 pm »
Yesterday was our first time in our new Grandee.  We got in it in the afternoon with our seven-year-old daughter who quickly picked out "her" seat.  Mostly we got reacquainted with it, as we hadn't been in one since our wet test a couple months ago.

Several hours later, with the little princess sleeping over a friend's house for the night, the two of us got in once again under the moon and stars.  Much nicer at night with the changing lights and all.  It really is a super versatile spa, we think.   Anything you want massaged all you have to do is position yourself right and you can accomplish whatever you want.  So easy to move around the Grandee.  We're happy with our choice!

Planning to get in again in just a little while...   I'm wondering if this thing is addictive??   :)

Hot Tub Forum

First day in new hot tub
« on: October 23, 2005, 07:43:49 pm »

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
Re: First day in new hot tub
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 08:03:09 pm »
Congrats!  We are about two weeks away from our new grandee and I swear my back hurts more and more every day in anticipation.  How did the install process go?  Everything work ok?  What color tub and interior did you get?

Would love to see some pix!

If you have any advice for us future grandee owners it would be appreciated!

Pruned hands

waggie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 08:50:35 pm »
Pruned hands,

We had a few snags with the delivery and install process, but the dealer did a great job making sure we had our tub all ready to go when promised.

Our Grandee is the coastal gray with pearl.  And everything works just fine, knock wood.  My only "complaint" is my husband put a bit more water in the tub than I'd like.  Need to knock some of it out since I'm on the short side and feel like I'm drowning at times.   I know it has to do with too much water because when I wet tested I didn't feel so submerged as I do now.  As far as water temp., we've found we both seem to like it at 98.  Much hotter than that and we just can't stay in it for very long.

My husband has had a lot of trouble getting all the levels correct and has been working with the chemicals most of today.    He's had a swimming pool before and understands this stuff, so I'm not sure what the problem is.   I've suggested he take a look at this site and read up or ask some questions.  Hopefully he will if he continues to have problems.

We're not finished the whole deck yet - just completed the level for the hot tub so we could have it delivered - so it may be awhile til I have some "pretty" pics.  But maybe I can get something posted in the meantime.  

I know you're anxious for your tub to arrive!   What colors did you choose?  

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 09:32:10 pm »
Congrats on the new tub. My Artesian Piper Glen gets hooked  up tomorrow. Looking forward to some pictures also

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 10:16:23 pm »
We went with the Pearl with redwood outside...a better match for our deck.  I am scrambling to complete the deck to get ready for tub placement and hope to have it all done before the snow flies.

I am a bit concerned about handling the chemicals as I have never owned a pool or spa, but I, like you, will use this forum to get quick and straight answers.  I try not to worry about the chemicals yet as I am still focused on the deck, then the install, etc..

Bob 5820:  Hope all goes well with your new artesian.  I looked at that spa and thought it was the most beautiful of any I had seen  (But I still think the grandee has it beat!)  I will have to live vicariously through folks like you until mine is in place.

waggie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 08:52:01 am »
Pruned Hands,

You're gonna love your Grandee!   How long til it arrives?  

We continue to enjoy our new Grandee and its versatility.   No problems with anything other than messing around with the chemicals a bit.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 09:03:18 am »
Congratulations on your new tub.

From the "For what it's worth" Department:

You mentioned that your husbnd over filled it ? When I got my Tiger River Caspain the HS rep gave me some good advice about what level to fill it to:  I was told to keep the water line below the pillows (when the tub is empty).  It was his theory that keeping the pillows out of the water when no one was in the tub, would greatly extend the pillows life.

:)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 09:03:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42