What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions...lifter, control panel, tub placement  (Read 2304 times)

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Questions...lifter, control panel, tub placement
« on: October 25, 2005, 10:44:01 pm »
Can you place a cover lifter on the same side of the spa as the contol panel or would having the lifter on the same side interfere with anything?
   Also, how much space, if control panel side of spa is placed next to a wall , would a tech need,  inorder to have access in case service is needed?   Are there outside perimeter restrictions (in inches or feet) when placing a spa next to a wall?   Should the control panel side of spa always be facing to the least unrestricted side in an area where the spa is to be placed?

Hot Tub Forum

Questions...lifter, control panel, tub placement
« on: October 25, 2005, 10:44:01 pm »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: Questions...lifter, control panel, tub placeme
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 11:15:50 pm »
For convenience, we placed cover and lifter such that the spa control panel can be accessed by lifting the cover only a few inches.  Not required, but convenient.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 11:45:12 pm »
In most spas I looked at, one facing was for entry and exit.  I'd position the spa so that was where you need it to be for ease of entry and exit.  I'd also try and leave maybe 3' on each side if possible for service clearance.
We had our cover lifter originally on one side of the spa, and I moved it to an adjacent side because it was blocking our view.  I moved it to the side adjacent to the house.  But the spa is square, so it really didn't matter fit wise.  
Brewman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 07:35:05 pm »
Idealy you want about 2 1/2 feet  around the tub for a tech to get back there but unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

My tub sits about 2 feet from my house in the back and about 1 1/2 feet on one side from the railing. My main pump area has plenty of space in the front but if my foot well pump goes I may have to remove the railing.

When I was thinking this project through I thought about putting the controller side on the same side as the cover lifter (by the railing) but realized I need to get to the controls whenever I put chems in.

My suggesttion is to look at the area you want to put the tub into and look to see which way the cover opens best. Do you want to block a view (neighbors), can it open to the back against something (house or garage) and is it easy to open and close. Next look at the control area and filter area of the tub - remember there are times you'll be using the controls when you're outside of the tub and ask youself how are you going to replace the filters.

On my tub I put the filter next to the railing - I thought I was going to wade into the tub to change filters but the cover opens enough to change the filters when needed - It worked out better than anticipated. I like the place that I put the filter because it is out of the way and I don't have to worry about a child (or adult) sitting on the filter lid trying to get into the tub.

Hope this helps!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 07:35:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42