What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis sound system  (Read 4845 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Marquis sound system
« on: October 23, 2005, 08:28:07 pm »
 We test soaked in a Marquis Epic today. My husband and kids were not only excited about the tub , they also loved the audio system.  Marquis calls it Soundsations. I guess I am a real dummy because my son insists that the sound system is speakers contained in the cabinet that would use a remote system to transfer the music  from our stereo to the speakers. I can't clarify this on the website.  Can anyone tell me exactly how this works.
Thanks
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis sound system
« on: October 23, 2005, 08:28:07 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis sound system
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 08:46:44 pm »
HI...sorry to be short. I am on the way out the door but your son is right.......

Alex1

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 10:15:23 pm »
The Marquis system is speakers or at least the Electronic part of the speakers are attached to the actual wall of the tub so that the tub itself acts like the "cone" part of the speaker. You wire it to your stereo system of your house. there is not a cd/radio that comes with it.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 11:03:31 pm »
HI...sorry to be short. I am on the way out the door but your son is right.......

I'll expand on what Mendo didnt have time to say.  

".... your son is right...about that."
:)
Measure once, cut twice.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 11:16:20 pm »
 ;D You're such a dork!

So can this be done wireless as well or do you need to wire from the tub to the home stereo?

Steve

drprwnap

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 11:31:33 pm »
We test soaked in a Marquis Epic today. My husband and kids were not only excited about the tub , they also loved the audio system.  Marquis calls it Soundsations. I guess I am a real dummy because my son insists that the sound system is speakers contained in the cabinet that would use a remote system to transfer the music  from our stereo to the speakers. I can't clarify this on the website.  Can anyone tell me exactly how this works.
Thanks

When I first started looking at tubs, I thought I wanted a sound system.  After seeing the extra $$$$$, I started to think about it.  Many people in here say just to get a boombox and save your $$$ (no matter what brand of tub was it was).  Now that I have one, I'm not sorry I didn't get the stereo.  I LOVE music but hearing the outside sounds, talking to my wife, and quiet soaking are more relaxing to us.  If your tub is close to the house a good pair of outside speakers is an option.  The Soundsations is wired to your home theater system. As far as I'm aware, it is NOT wireless.
How did the actual wet test go?  Was the Epic a good fit for you and the family?  Inquiring minds want to know!  :D ;)
Good luck in your search.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 11:35:37 pm »
Can I hook up my new IPod to this system? ;D THAT would be a cool concept. MY IDEA! No STEALING! >:(

GAWD I love toys!

Steve

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 06:48:20 am »
The option comes with either 100 feet or 200 feet of speaker wire.  I thought that the Hot Springs version sounded worse than a ten dollar radio and since my Marquis dealer didn't have it on the model I wet tested, I decided to save my money.
Good Luck - and don't listen to your kids on this one.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 09:32:24 am »
We had so much fun wet testing the Epic. We actually spent 3 hours at the dealer. Everyone was thrilled with how it fit each of us. The kids were in agreement that this would be [glb]The[/glb] Christmas present, so I knew they really were impressed.  MY 14 year old was especially impressed with the Tri-zone hydrotherapy and just about had it all figured out before we got out. I really liked that I had a perfect fit in multiple areas.  My husband loved the neck jets (all three sets!) Yes, there was some splashing and noise by the neck jets when empty seats were cranked up but that was not a negative to us. and you had the option ot divert the flow from those jets when they weren't being used.  I did tend to float a bit out of the adirondeck chair but by decreasing the flow on the calf jets, I was fine. No one else floated (guess I have the highest body fat index).Being short folks, we found that we could actually hold on to the right side (access door facing front) and kick our feet and do a little water exersize) I guess the point that I am making is this tub is so versatile. I was really the one pushing for a hot tub because I need the hydrotherapy, suddenly my whole family has found something that the the hot tub could provide! Our sales person was exceptional. She has an Epic at home and so she really knows the ins and outs of it. I would say that a very knowledgable sales person is key before considering this tub. She suggested that we also test the U530 (around $7500.) Although the Epic was only 6 incles larger, there seemed to be so much more room than in the U530.  The foot well in the Epic was larger and the arrangement of the seats allowed us all to be comfortable without touching each other. I liked the controls on the inside of the tub and the kids picked up really fast on the floating remote (I can just see the fights now..) Then we heard the sound system. Oh my gosh...My husband was so impressed. I guess I was in kind of a daze but I went along with him and agreed to get it. When my son tried to explain how it worked at home, I had second thoughts. Now I am not sure that the phenominal sound (and believe me it was impressive) is because the remote sound system is so good or because the speakers are so well balanced. Maybe both!  I have to admit, it sounded fantastic.  I will call my sales person today and clarify all of this but I appreciate all of your help, it settled our arguments last night. Remember, we only wet tested two tubs but since everyone was very happy, we found no negatives, and since I have been looking for 2 years...we picked the Epic.  Thank you all for your help.  ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 11:20:13 am »
;D You're such a dork!

Steve

Who are you calling a dork? Dork.   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 11:43:20 am »

Who are you calling a dork? Dork.   ;D

This is like Lenny calling Squiggy a Dork!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 11:51:31 am »
I get to be Lenny.   lol   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Brookenstein

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 12:32:49 pm »
I get to be Lenny.   lol   ;D

I'll bite, who are Lenny and Squiggy?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 12:49:12 pm »
From "Happy Days" and "Laverne and Shirley."
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 12:50:26 pm »

I'll bite, who are Lenny and Squiggy?

Wow, you are young. They're the idiot neighbors in the show Laverne & Shirley.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 01:13:26 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 12:50:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42