What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Staying in the seat for small people  (Read 5726 times)

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Staying in the seat for small people
« on: October 19, 2005, 01:37:30 pm »
Anyone wear a weight belt or seat belts.....lol, My wife gets blown out of every seat she sits in unless she turns the jets way down.

She is definently positive bouyant, doesn't matter what brand of hot tub, we have the Sundance Maxuus, any suggestions.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Staying in the seat for small people
« on: October 19, 2005, 01:37:30 pm »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: Staying in the seat for small people
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 02:13:00 pm »
"Booster" cushions are available which are filled with water to adjust thickness...about $50.

SB

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 02:48:02 pm »
"Booster" cushions are available which are filled with water to adjust thickness...about $50.

SB

Anybody know of booster seats that actually hold up? I've had two cushions from Marquis and one from another brand, all having split their seams. >:( This is only after about 4 months of use and they're not getting roughed up either. I'd like to find some heavy duty seats. Any ideas?

And here's another question: Anyone fill them with anything in additions to water? Water alone makes the seat move all over the spa when the jets are on. I'd like to weight them down so they stay in place when they're not in use. I've heard you can add sand to them but I'm not about to do that if they're going to split at the seams. What a mess that would be. :(

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 03:12:09 pm »
I don't have a booster, but regarding the problem with them moving, I wonder if a strong salt water solution would increase density enough to reduce movement...I realize that it is a small percentage based on how much salt is added, but maybe this would stabilize things...I'm not sure.  I don't think that leaking salt water would be too catastrophic...just an idea!

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 03:58:25 pm »
Hm, interesting thought, as my wife gets blown out the seats, also.  We were thinking about diver's weights... :-)

As for salt water, I don't think it would be enough heavier to stop the jets moving it.   I believe you'll need something like those exercise weight pads (like the ones you velcro to your wrists for power walking, perhaps?).
--
Lee

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 04:00:52 pm »
You can use small glass marbles inserted into the cushion, just enough to weigh them down then top off with water, it works real well.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 08:25:44 pm »
For people that are floaters, it really is tough to sit still sometimes. These manufacturers need to start installing seat belts. I heard one guy say, he put a sand bag on his wife's lap, to hold her down. I guess, you could use the  Jersey method and tie a cinder block around em'. Just kidding. When, at the Vegas show in a few weeks, I'll keep an eye open for new products to keep floaters, not floating. We will see.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 09:03:24 pm »
You can use small glass marbles inserted into the cushion, just enough to weigh them down then top off with water, it works real well.

Guzz,
Marbles! Great idea. I'll be searching for lots of marbles on my lunch break tomorrow.
Thanks!

Phil

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 09:17:47 am »
I spoke with my dealer yesterday he told me the reason that they don't put seat belts in spa's is for liability reasons ????? maybe they think the water on a full moon is automaticaly going to raise 2 ft and drown someone.....lol

I think seat belts like diving weight belts would work great, maybe the dealers could offer them as custom add on's,  have you sign a liability form that waives them and the manufacture from those high tides.

If the seat belt pulls you back into the seat wouldn't that prevent someone from drowning???

Steve

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 10:10:56 am »

Guzz,
Marbles! Great idea. I'll be searching for lots of marbles on my lunch break tomorrow.
Thanks!

Phil

If you find mine, let me know.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 10:54:25 am »
If you go to rhtubs and email Doc he makes a weighted lap belt that you can put sand or marbles in and it will hold you down....

Bill,
I'm frankley dissapointed and shocked that you have completely missed an oppertunity to harrass Lori here! Your really slacking!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 10:22:41 pm »
On my lunch hour I went to the dollar store and bought three bags of 100 marbles each for $1/bag.
I put one bag of marbles in each booster seat, filled them with water and THEY NOW STAY PUT!!! I was like a kid with a new toy, flicking on the jets to high and turning them off to see they hadn't moved.
I am a happy man! It always felt like jelly fish siding up next to me when I'm relaxin' with the jets goin' full speed ahead.
Thank you Guzz!

Phil

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 10:30:42 pm »

If you find mine, let me know.

Bill,
Sorry, I looked around but couldn't find your marbles anywhere. Maybe they're in Wattsburg?' ???

Phil

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 10:51:15 am »
Glad you are enjoying your new toy..Guzz

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 10:54:53 am »
Could try pennies for the booster seat.  Might get expensive. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 10:54:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42