What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: use soft water?  (Read 3569 times)

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
use soft water?
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:00:46 pm »
hey I filled my j385 with water from the tap four days ago. It is well water and has alot of minerals. I didnt really think about it at the time. I gought a test kit yester day and the reading was very high. Would it make sense to drain it and fill it with water that has gone through the water softener?
Robert
http://tinypic.com/eze3c4.jpg

Hot Tub Forum

use soft water?
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:00:46 pm »

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
Re: use soft water?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:11:58 pm »
Typically its not a good idea to fill your spa with softened water. Low calcium hardness in a spa isnt that good of a thing. If you need to use the softner to take out other things in the water you dont want in your tub, you can fill it with that but make sure to add the appropriate ammount of calcium.

Debra

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:34:13 pm »
We had also filled our new tub with well water.  We had to change it after about 2 weeks because of high tds, calcium, cloudiness and lots of foam.  We had even used water that had gone through our softener.  We've since found out that our softener is not working too well.  We brought water in on Saturday and it looks much better.  We won't be using our well water again.  and we have a new water softener coming this afternoon.

You may have to change your water sooner than you had hoped.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
Generally speaking, you should not use softened water in a spa.
:'(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Nitlion15

• Be vewry vewry quiet, I'm hunting Spa's.....
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 03:53:48 pm »
After we used well water to add make up water to the tub we got hard water staining on the jets along with some brown foam and waterline marks.  I have since dumped and had filled from a pool water supplier and have had no issues at all.  The water has stayed very clear.  Still trying to get all of the hard water stains off of the jets.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 03:53:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42